What's new

Joined the KIAA: discovered one negative in my eyes

DannyGKaraoke

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I joined the KIAA this month and have actually realized that because I joined them I still have to pay to print books. How else am I suppose to advertise to my singers that I am a member? I know rhetorical question. It means I can't just rely on my kiosk to do the work for me of collecting song requests like I wanted to do so that I can focus my attention on coaxing my singers to choose to sing. Oh well. Money I spent not going to work for me because I wanna be legit.

DannyGKaraoke said:
I joined the KIAA this month and have actually realized that because I joined them I still have to pay to print books. How else am I suppose to advertise to my singers that I am a member? I know rhetorical question. It means I can't just rely on my kiosk to do the work for me of collecting song requests like I wanted to do so that I can focus my attention on coaxing my singers to choose to sing. Oh well. Money I spent not going to work for me because I wanna be legit.

Danny,

I am not sure I understand your question! Are you saying that you thought the KIAA would print your books for you?

I think he is saying he has to reprint his books to get the logo in there. Since that's pretty much all you get for your money you should proudly display it :sqwink:

Jeff Romard said:
I think he is saying he has to reprint his books to get the logo in there. Since that's pretty much all you get for your money you should proudly display it :sqwink:

OK in that case I don't see the point!

Danny, if you want to display the KIAA logo just do it on the cover of the books and the deal is done! I really don't see the point though since the only ones who will really care are you, the KIAA and some venues (maybe all venues before to long)!

Do you get a secret decoder ring or Xray glasses when you join :sqlaugh:

The KIAA is a scam and you were foolish to send them money.

The point is I can't display the KIAA logo in my books if I use Kiosks instead of books. I could use a combination of the two but what's the point of the kiosk if I still use books. The idea of the kiosk was to save me money. Now I still have to reprint books, which I have just done and I had to add an addendum already because I purchased 2 new discs after printing. Luckily for me the amount of pages is nowhere near the amount I use to have to print.

So why are you having a problem displaying the KIAA Logo on the kiosh?

Thunder said:

Trade mark infringement! :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh:

I kill myself sometimes. :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh:

TommyO said:
Trade mark infringement! :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh:

I kill myself sometimes. :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh: :sqlaugh:

Hey good one Tommy, I wonder if they will go after every member after they publish it in their books, kiosk, or even on here....:sqlaugh:

Thunder said:

The program run in the kiosk isn't adjustable to allow it.

print a large copy of the logo laminate it and post above the kiosk:sqbiggrin:

DannyGKaraoke said:
The program run in the kiosk isn't adjustable to allow it.

Songfinder is. You can add your own front screen.

Birdofsong

Birdofsong said:
Songfinder is. You can add your own front screen.

Birdofsong

I'm not running songfinder. I am running Super Remote Request Tool from Tricerasoft. Works perfectly with JustKaraoke.

DannyGKaraoke said:
I'm not running songfinder. I am running Super Remote Request Tool from Tricerasoft. Works perfectly with JustKaraoke.

My point was that there is a kiosk program that allows you to change the front screen to add the logo...and it's still cheaper than printing books.

Birdofsong

Not that songfinder isn't a good program, I use to own a copy of Speed Book so I know how good a software designer Chip is, But it's limitation is being able to have it so singers can add their own songs directly into the player program. Mine does that. The server part is built into the player. If I stick with it, which I am considering, I'll just have one book out there for the singers to browse through.

Back