What's new

JR Smith fined...

Wow. NBA? Seriously. Where is the freedom NBA?

Well I see why the NBA fined him. He took a picture of lady friends butt? She wasn't very happy about it and called him out. I think the NBA had to save face with some of the female fans. I don't know if I necessarily agree with the amount though.

What do the NBA do with all the fine money anyway? Does it go in Sterns retirement fund?
I hope i gets used in some kind of constructive manner like grass roots basketball or something like that.

To be expected in the NBA now. Stern rules with an iron fist and does not let this kind of stuff go.

This act seems a little unnecessary, but I guess because JR smith is a representation of the NBA. The nba association wants their players to display themselves in a well, proper manner in order for their association to look good to the public audience.

This act seems a little unnecessary, but I guess because JR smith is a representation of the NBA. The nba association wants their players to display themselves in a well, proper manner in order for their association to look good to the public audience.

You got it. That's why they should really act like what the saying or slogan and organization, NBA CARES.

They know the standards when they sign on. If they get out of line, there will be a consequence.

He's a tool and I'm glad they fined him. Even if it wasn't warranted.

Somehow I doubt a guy like JR Smith knows the standards all that well, though. He's a classic. You can tell there's nothing running up there for him. He'll do something stupid, say he's sorry, then proceed to do something else that's stupid.

It's a stupid fine because the NBA shouldn't interfere on what a guy does on his own time but it was even more stupid on his part because the girl isn't even his girlfriend. He just dumped the one he had when he was off playing in China not too long ago. This girl was pretty much a pawn in an ongoing Twitter beef with rapper Joe Budden to make him jealous (the girl is Budden's on/off girlfriend).

I just read that NBA thinks they made a bad decision on fining JR Smith.

Now he knows the meaning of, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". I feel sorry for him though, his punishment has been too severe. Shame on you NBA.

i think it was really called for, he did something that was kind of bad so he did deserve the fine, the amount can be argued but he deserved it

I just read that NBA thinks they made a bad decision on fining JR Smith.

Yeah, could be. Some of the things these guys do in their personal lives shouldn't be any of their business. I do have nice things to say about David Stern though. He feels like his brand has an image to uphold, be it for corporate reasons or otherwise, and he's not afraid of stepping on anyone's shoes or making enemies to do it.

Back