What's new

just booked another last minute wedding

KjAthena

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am happy to make the money but really people weddings do take more than 2 1/2 days to prepare...the next one with less thn a weeks notice will be priced at double our wedding rate:yoDur: cant even find DH's tux(we are packing to move) we may have to rent one:triconfused:

Good luck with it!

BTW, maybe they had a DJ, and there was an issue? I can't imagine that for a wedding, anybody would wait that long.

yes there was an issue DJ/KJ is in jail for DWI...getting first dance ect songs now via IM....waiting on email from B with bridal party names ect...have to find the venue location tommarrow and check out set-up procedures at least its not outdoors. DH is going to be suprized when he gets home

You go gurl!

I wish I was getting last minute bookings at this point... I wouldn't care if they were birthday parties for Fluffy the cat as long as they had the dough...

yes the $$ are coming at a much needed time but the stress is going to have ME tied up in knots until the event. I handle the details and DH handles the event...looks like I have to hit the music store for bridal party dance songs tommarrow no time to get singers for selections and we dont usually do any DJing just karaoke maybe downloads would be cheaper and faster(dare I say Ipod hooked into our system). WOM is working for us well ...kinda suprized they didnt blink at the price I gave them...usually we get some push back.

Papa Deuce said:
I can't imagine that for a wedding, anybody would wait that long.

It's more common than you think. If they plan everything themselves, it's easy to overlook until the last minute when they start talking about the event itself... and then the light bulb goes on.
Good luck Athena!

I am doing my first MC only gig Saturday and they called Steve and I am doing the gig cause I was willing to meet with the bride and groom. Duh!! They had another MC tetative but he refused to hold a meeting asking them to send him their itinerary it wasnt due to the contracted amount either as I will paid proper for just a bit over 2 hours time and even fed. Athena light one of those calming candles I know ya got one or 100.

lit one for you and one for me...have 16 candles total going now...starting to look like a greek church in here:tribiggrin:

wedding came off today wonderfully...even was tipped $200.00 and may end up with 2 more wedding bookings from engaged freinds at the wedding,. DH did a great job and was suprised at the ease with such short timing...and yes I did have to sing the ****cat song:tribiggrin:Stress off time to rest now...but I will double our rates for last minute bookings from here out:tribiggrin:

Back