What's new

Karaoke Duet List?

fishbox

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have list of karaoke songs that are duets?

I'm developing a software karaoke player and would like a list of all the major karaoke songs that are duets.

Is this possible? Has anyone done this anywhere?

Thanks,

Ryan

I don't think I'd worry to much what songs are duets.... but on how the program handles duet requests.... IOW if Bob is in regular rotation and Suzie who will only sing once puts in a duet for Bob and her does it burn one of Bob's chances to sing solo.... most will say yes it burns Bob's chance to sing solo in that round.

The there's the Bob and Tom duet... both are singing solos and both plan to sing more that night.... again the duet should burn a solo opportunity for both singers....

Nothing is more frustrating than seeing Bob get up and sing a solo then a duet with Suzie and then up again to sing a duet with Tom and then Tom to sing his solo... that's 4 songs that other people could have sung... and it pisses them off. (er pisses me off)

Does anyone have list of karaoke songs that are duets?

I'm developing a software karaoke player and would like a list of all the major karaoke songs that are duets.

Is this possible? Has anyone done this anywhere?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan, though I could probably come up with one, there is no way it would be all inclusive. I used to keep a separate duet listing in my book, but it was a waste of time. The other difficulty is that it would always be out of date, with new tracks coming out all of the time.

Joe: Whatever you can provide will be much appreciated. You can post it here or I can send you a private IM with my email address.

jokerswild: I'm not looking at duets on the rotation list yet. I just want to be able to create a favorite that has duets :p

Ryan

Since I no longer keep a separate book, that would take a bit of time to compile again. Why not go to a database such as www.kjpro.com and look for duet discs from each mfr., such as Music Maestro's MM6025, for example.

Many of the mfrs. put out such discs, and you wouldn't be dependent on just what was popular for me....

*BUMP* Getting back to this. Does anyone else have any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

When naming my songs I first find out if they are an actual duet or a feat.. About the only way to do this is to actually play the song and see if the opening screen lists both male & female or male & male or what ever. Then when naming the songs I put (Duet MF) after the name to show a duet by male & female. Using Latshaw's song generator I can then pick out only those songs with the listing of Duet.

I don't think there is an official list you have to make your own.

Well, dernit, let's use our collective Karaoke/Internet hive mind and create one!
NOW this will be complicated, because some manus treat some songs differently
EXAMPLE: Sunfly is the only manu i know of that includes the rap and singing part for "In The End" by Linkin Park. Took me a few tries to find that.

Nothing official, just a list of the most popular ones, except Picture by Kid Rock and Cheryl Crowe. EVERYONE knows that one!

;P

I did something similar to LoneWolf. If I know the songs are a "duet" then I change the file name to: DISC-No - Duet, Tom Jones & Tina Turner - Paradise By The Dashboard Light

Yes, I know that's a ridiculous example!

There may be some misses and a few repeats but here is a list of Duets done in Karaoke!

You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Don't Know Much - Summer Nights - Can't We Try - On My Own - Endless Love - Somewhere Out There - Too Much Too Little Too Late - Nobody Loves Me Like You Do - Up Where We Belong - Friends And Lovers - Love Is - Next Time I Fall - When I Fall In Love - I've Had The Time Of My Life, Have You Ever Been Lonely - Every Time Two Fools Collide - Islands In The Stream - Rockin' Years - Heart Won't Lie, The - Til A Tear Becomes A Rose - Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer - Like We Never Had A Broken Heart - Battle Hymn Of Love - You And I - To Me - Hopelessly Yours - Meet Me In Montana - Whenever Forever Comes - You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma, Louisiana Woman Mississippi Man - Til I Can Make It On My Own - After The Fire Is Gone - If God Met You - Feelings - Paradise Tonight - We're Gonna Hold On - Everything's Beautiful - Anyone Who Isn't Me Tonight - Both To Each Other - I'll Never Be Free - Faking Love - Together Again - Two Story House - Just Someone I Used To Know, How Do You Keep The Music Playing - Never Gonna Let You Go - It's Only Love - Obsession - Yes I'm Ready - Closer I Get To You - Good Man Good Woman - I Knew You Were Waiting - Tonight I Celebrate My Love - Should've Never Let You Go - Hold Me - After All - Almost Paradise - Whenever I Call You Friend - Baby You've Got What It Takes, To Me - Golden Ring - Please Don't Stop Loving Me - I Can't Love You Enough - What Are We Doin' In Love - It's Such A Small World - All I Ever Need Is You - On My Knees - That's How You Know When Love's Right - Wish I Didn't Have To Miss You - Bull And The Beaver - Lead Me On - Near You - Take My Hand - Love Can't Ever Get Better Than This, Set The Night To Music - Up Where We Belong - Tonight I Celebrate My Love - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - Endless Love - You And I - Baby You've Got What It Takes - This Old Heart Of Mine - If I Knew Then What I Know Now - Separate Lives - All My Life - Love Is Strange - Baby Come To Me - All I Ever Need Is You - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing, If I Could Turn Back Time - That's What Friends Are For - Always - Too Much Too Little Too Late - Don't Know Much - Feels Like Heaven - You're The One That I Want - After All - Love Is - When I Fall In Love - Somewhere Out There - Put A Little Love In Your Heart - I Have A Love / One Hand One Heart - I've Had The Time Of My Life - Don't Go Breaking My Heart, Guilty - I've Got You Under My Skin - Summer Nights - We've Got Tonight - No More Tears - What Now My Love - Suddenly - Baby Don't Go - Leather And Lace - They Can't Take That Away From Me - Don't You Want Me - Witchcraft - I Got You Babe - What Kind Of Fool - I've Got The World On A String, After The Fire Is Gone - Lead Me On - As Soon As I Hang Up The Phone - Feelings - We Loved It Away - Near You - Two Story House - One - I Just Came Here To Dance - To Me - It Should Have Been Love By Now - Nobody Loves Me Like You Do - Oklahoma Swing - Love Is Strange - Don't Go Out, You're The One That I Want - Don't Know Much - I Got You Babe - Love Shack - Endless Love - It's Your Love - I've Had The Time Of My Life - You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma - You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Up Where We Belong - Summer Nights - You And I - Gift, The - One Sweet Day - Unforgettable - That's What Friends Are For, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - With You I'm Born Again - Leather And Lace - Then Came You - Love Is Strange - Baby Come To Me - Don't Go Breakin' My Heart - Too Much Too Little Too Late - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing - I Finally Found Someone - Almost Paradise - After All - I'll Be There - We've Got Tonight - Closer I Get To You - Tonight I Celebrate My Love, If You See Him If You See Her - Heart Won't Lie - In Another's Eyes - Rockin' Years - Let's Make Love - Maybe Not Tonight - From This Moment On - My Kind Of Woman My Kind Of Man - Somewhere In The Vicinity Of The Heart - Tired Of Loving This Way - He Drinks Tequila - What If I Said - It's Your Love (True Duet) - A Bad Goodbye - Tell Me About It - That's The Beat Of A Heart,

Awesome, Thunder! Thanks for taking the time to do that! :sqbiggrin:

I despise Duets, the last thing I want to do is invite people to sing them.

They don't fit into the style of my shows.

I always get someone coming up and asking me to do a duet with them and when I ask which one, they say "I don't know. You pick one". Then I suggest a few and they turn them down because they're not familiar with it, can't sing it, or "hate that @#*&ing song". So, having a few on my favorites list on my Flex Karaoke software (address in sig ;P) can be helpful. Thanks a ton, Thunder! I can start with those! Anyone else have any to add to the list? Let's keep it going!

Ryan

DJ Cam said:
I despise Duets, the last thing I want to do is invite people to sing them.

They don't fit into the style of my shows.

Cam, would you expound on that?While I don't disagree with your personal preference, I'm wondering about the effect on the show, other than people getting ticked when they find out that a duet uses BOTH singers' turn in the rotation...:sqwink:

Well, the counts as both persons turns is a start.

The problem being most Duets are older, outdated, country, or slow.

I welcome anyone to sing Hunger Strike or Hero. Also a lot of good rap songs are multi singers those are cool.

Majority of my nights are young crowds and full of evergy. I always have a few older people that come to sing and I do everything in my power to make sure that don't sing songs that don't fit.

Thunder said:
Cam,

All songs fit at a Karaoke show!

I agree wholeheartedly! However, he didn't say he won't allow them, but only stated that HE can't stand them. I'm not a big death metal fan ( hate it), and it's not very popular at my shows- but if it gets put up, it gets sung....:sqwink: However, there won't be a bunch in a row, or the walkouts will begin.

I don't have ANY metal stuff in my collection and tho i have had several people ask, none of them have gotten upset or pitched a fit... Of course, some of them don't come back either. secretly, i am ok with that :sqbiggrin:

-James

I guess i'm just lucky that most of my audience is an older crowd that hates 'C'rap as much as I do..

Joe I have shows where half the songs done are metal or hard rock!

Very few Rap songs are done anymore 2 to 5 years ago they were hitting pretty hard now it is more slow R&B done!

Back