What's new

Karaoke-Go-Round

exweedfarmer

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

Karaoke-Go-Round is hosting software. That's about all I know about it. The feature list on their website is sketchy at best and yet the thing sells for $300.00. I can't get the demo to install to have a look at it. I was wondering if anyone has used it and if so, is it three hundred dollars worth of wonderful?

I tried it once a long time ago and thought it was doodoo. They were one of the reasons we started autokdj, we thought it was ridiculous anyone would charge such an outrageous sum of money for a karaoke app.

I tried it once a long time ago and thought it was doodoo. They were one of the reasons we started autokdj, we thought it was ridiculous anyone would charge such an outrageous sum of money for a karaoke app.

Ya heard it there second, Weed. Besides, you've written your own software- what made you ask?

Karaoke Go Round

Hi all:

Karaoke-Go-Round is hosting software. That's about all I know about it. The feature list on their website is sketchy at best and yet the thing sells for $300.00. I can't get the demo to install to have a look at it. I was wondering if anyone has used it and if so, is it three hundred dollars worth of wonderful?

I've tried to down load this program seveal times from different location, seems as if it really doesn't exist, just a ghost idea, not worth $300.00.
Even the orignial site has pulled the program from being accessable for now reasons given. If it works as promoted, then it may be worth it. Can't really say though, can't test it out.

There was a guy here a while back, Chaz I believe, he used the program and raved about it. Since Vista came out it has been under construction or maybe they suspended redevelopment. It sounded good and I really wanted to try it out, but who knows if an updated version will EVER come out. Take a look at Compuhost. Based on everything I've read about it, it's the best that's available. The program is $179. Book software is separate.

This program is awesome... I have been using it for about 8+ years now..
Yes the program was pulled due to comparability issues a few years back.
The author has since re-opened development and I am hoping to see something by years end.
The program is the best I have found. It has totally re-inspired my Karaoke side of the business. Besides I am the envy of all the other Karaoke Jocks in the area...

I do have Toger's program as a backup.. to run as a portable from a thumbdrive if ever needed.. (always gotta have a backup plan) Which I can run from just about any laptop if needed...

As for the purchase price.. well worth it..
I have been doing karoake since 1991 and
I have 30k karoake songs.. which is $110 per book to print. If im lucky I get a discount at Office Max to drop it to $85-90 .
No more books, no more updates...

If I had to update books ...
6books x $85 = $510
$510 x 4 (updates per year) = $2040
$2040 x 8 years = $16,320

Now I only buy Chartbuster an Pop Hits monthly's. Thats about 60-75 songs a month... depending on which disks I buy.

Have you tried Karma? It's extremely stable and functionality if fantastic and the best I've ever used..... (and I've used a lot including AutOKdj, Compuhost, MTU Hoster, Swift Eliete, Sigilos, etc...)

jokerswild said:
Website is fine.... program is fine... no idea what you mean by needs help.

Oh and the best $99 I spent on a Professional Karaoke player.

Relax... I was just stating the website is horrible looking.. hard to read..
I just tried the trial version.. not bad program at all... seems much more stable that alot of winamp programs.

Help file was actually helpful.

chaz said:
Relax... I was just stating the website is horrible looking.. hard to read..
I just tried the trial version.. not bad program at all... seems much more stable that alot of winamp programs.

Help file was actually helpful.

No problem I just thought you ment it was broke or something is all.... when I looked it seemed fine to me... so I just didn't know what ya ment... no harm no foul.:sqwink:

I've had a lot of good results just using Siglos Pro Karaoke. It's not glamorous but, it is the most user friendly thing out there - I can literally teach your grandmother to run it in 5 minutes. It is so simple to use you can literally set it up as a kiosk for self-serve karaoke.

You can use a simple playlist, or a managed rotation, it keeps track of individual singers, which venues they frequent, and the songs they sing. So, you can literally recall a singers name and it will show their entire repetoire of previously performed tracks.

It has a fill-in playlist feature that makes adding break music, fill, background, or DJ selections a cakewalk.

It can also run automatically and display your own custom advertsing images and messages.

Good grief! I think 30k songs is unnecessary. (There aren't even 30,000 songs listed in Whitburn's Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits!) The magic number for me is about 4 to 5 thousand (max) and to mainatin it you have to weed out all the discs no one is asking for. The fact that hard drives are cheap is no excuse for managing 6 times more music than you need.

It would also make no sense to print 30,000 songs in a book when you can have just as effective a book by printing only the most popular 4,000 songs.

so is that one have a website or do we all have to google it ????

It's from the makers of MP3+GToolZ. Overpriced as far as I am concerned. I'd rather run AUtoKDJ.

I've been running Roxbox for years, I have no complaints, Absolutely runs flawlessly for me and Frank gives great personal customer service, i also like the book software that comes bundled with it. I have computers that run it on XP, Vista, and now windows 7 no problems on any of the systems.

Proformance said:
Good grief! I think 30k songs is unnecessary. (There aren't even 30,000 songs listed in Whitburn's Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits!) The magic number for me is about 4 to 5 thousand (max) and to mainatin it you have to weed out all the discs no one is asking for. The fact that hard drives are cheap is no excuse for managing 6 times more music than you need.

It would also make no sense to print 30,000 songs in a book when you can have just as effective a book by printing only the most popular 4,000 songs.

I had 4-5 k songs by 1995... You have to keep updated.. then buying new collections...in my 19yrs.. It was easy to collect 30k...

For someone just starting out.. absolutely 4-5k top songs.

Back