What's new

Karaoke Media Pro....anybody using it?

Scott Hanna

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
We have been considering getting back into karaoke shows. chartbuster has a new product out

http://www.karaokeware.com/kjmprohd.html

seems like a good way to get new songs....only the songs you need.

yes, you need to have compuhost too. Total start up is $400, or $200 if you already have compuhost. But once you buy the songs, you can use them on any system.

first 50 songs included, after that, songs as little as $1.50, no internet connection needed at show.

Scott:

There are already some folks who frequent this forum using the product. Hopefully they'll chime in and give you their impressions. We could talk about it all day, but I think you'll value their in-the-field impressions more than ours.

If you have any technical questions, though, we'd be happy to respond.

Cb,
Thanks for the response.
How long has the product been out?

How often is it updated?

Regardless, kudos to chartbuster for being innovative and coming up with a great offline idea.

I checked out the product and showed my husband where it would save us a little over CDG purchases...I think it is a great idea for newbies or established hosts. Now I just have to figure out a way to show my huband that Compujost can run in the background while we use another hosting program to play the songs...Compuhost is a great program but it wont play our LD files. If I can prove this to him my coupon savings jar will have a purpose...LOL

Scott, I believe that it will add new songs as they get them available for download when you hook up your drive to your internet computer to update the drive.

Scott:

Danny is spot-on about the updating. It'll do so whenever you connect to get new credits, or just connect. Once a month should be sufficient, unless you're all about the latest releases. We're starting to introduce hot singles before we commit them to disc now, so you could actually have those available before they go to retail disc if you connect more often.

The product was just introduced, but it's been in beta for some time.

This product intrgrates well with both Fast Tracks and Compuhost. You can create a songlist by exporting the database from the hard drive' locked songs allowing you to import it into Fast Tracks to create a songlist. After the songlist is created you can copy the songlist and it's backup file to a usb drive and then import it onto a laptop that has their free viewer on it. This will allow singers to know what is available for singing. Fir right now when I get the KJ Media Pro for myself, will be using the computer originally slated to be my kiosk to just providing the list of songs available on the Media Pro HD as well as on my regular hard drive.
Hey, with KJ Media Pro I can have any song I want that is in the chartbuster catalog. Just got to remember to add credits as I go along.

I have been talking with some of the hosts that are using this at a number of shows and still have to say it is a great product for established hosts using compuhost. The new songs are made available as soon as they are ready...you only buy the ones you need and it's CB quality a very innovative and cost effective product. In my mind the way to go

Back