What's new

Kenny Perry wins Senior Players by 2

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Kenny Perry tried not to get ahead of himself Sunday on the 18th tee at the Senior Players Championship. He knew all too well how quickly fortunes can change on golf's biggest stages.

There was the devastation at the PGA Championship in 1996. Disaster at the Masters in 2009. Disappointment at the Senior PGA last month.

If there was a way to lose a major tournament, the affable 52-year-old Kentuckian seemed to have found it during his otherwise sterling career.

"I thought I was snakebit," Perry said. "I got close so many times and I just seemed to mess up down the homestretch and not make it happen."

This time, Perry didn't leave anything to chance.

After tap-in birdies at Nos. 16 and 17 gave him a two-shot lead over Fred Couples, Perry made par on the No. 18 to close a spectacular weekend at Fox Chapel. His bogey-free 6-under 64 left him at 19-under 261, two shots ahead of Fred Couples and Duffy Waldorf.

"My word was patience," Perry said. "I wasn't going to put any pressure on myself to win the golf tournament because I had so much heartache, so many losses. ... I was just thinking 'You know what, I'm tired of worrying about that.'"

Read more http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9438963/kenny-perry-claims-senior-players-first-major-title

I dont think so . As far as looking her performance of this year she probably wont win by that difference.

Back