What's new

Kill Bill

Ok steaming heap was a bit harsh, I did afterall watch the whole thing & not go do my laundry.I guess I just expectad more..........mabby when he recuts it into one film it will be better.I still havn't seen the second one but from what I hear his re edit into one film will ballance his streangths his action & his brilliant terse dialouge.

RANXEROX said:
Well I finally saw vol1 last week on video & all I can say is wow what a steming heap. Halfway through I found myself thinking ...don't I have laundry or something I should be doing.I like his other movies although I would have liked naturall born killers better if micky & mallory got killed(mabby lynched by the famillys of there victoms).I don't think I'll ever see vol2.I was going to say vol1 was almost as bad a the matrix.........but that's just not fair to Q.T

Just out of curiousity, what are your top five favorite movies? I think it's easier to understand one's criticisms when you have some sort of context of what the person likes.

Personally, I loved Volume 1 and I enjoyed Volume 2 even more. Then again, I've liked most of Tarantino's work (I hated Jackie Brown the one and only time I saw it, and I've never seen Natural Born Killers).

For the record, my top five:
  • Chasing Amy
  • Fight Club
  • Rushmore
  • American Beauty
  • True Romance

ummmmmm wow I donno what to say to that.......just...wow.That's your TOP 5? really? no kidding.....you'r not reading the list upsidedown? I'm floored.I can't think about this anymore .................wow

oops yah I was just looking for an edit button ok now I see it.....I wasn't loged on ....duuuuuuhhhh

Ok, I finaly got around to watching this and while it was good, I wasnt totaly impressed like almost everyone else I know. The violence was so over the top it was almost getting stupid. I am really wanting to see volume 2 now if only because I want it to make me like the first one more.

RANXEROX said:
ummmmmm wow I donno what to say to that.......just...wow.That's your TOP 5? really? no kidding.....you'r not reading the list upsidedown? I'm floored.I can't think about this anymore .................wow

Yep, really... I'm not kidding (nor am I reading the list upside-down). Those are my top 5. I never said I think they're the five best movies ever made; they just happen to be five flicks that I enjoy more than others.

nootch said:
Just out of curiousity, what are your top five favorite movies? I think it's easier to understand one's criticisms when you have some sort of context of what the person likes.

You don't presume that your top 5 really is the "right" top 5, and that your taste is better than everyone elses (or maybe just mine), do you? Either way, I'd still be curious to know what types of movies you like to better understand your comments regarding Kill Bill.

Time for my 2 cents.

IMHO this was one of the best movies *I* have seen in a couple of years. I dig this type of flick and the Q Man is a fecking genius.

Kill Bill Vol. 2 was not nearly as exciting and lacked a lot of the cinematic POW that the first movie had. I would have loved to see some more animation in the second volume.

However, that really didn't bother me until I watched Kill Bill Vol 1 again after buying it on the way home from Vol 2 and it only bothered me out of my own curiosity on why Vol 2 lacked some of pizzazz of Vol 1. Five minutes later I was over it and yapping about how funny the Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah) scene was.

I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can meld the 2 movies back together again, bwhaha.

Yay for Beatrice... so sad for O-Ren *sniffles*

bostonchick said:
IMHO this was one of the best movies *I* have seen in a couple of years. I dig this type of flick and the Q Man is a fecking genius.

As for me ... Tarantin have got a substantial grow for last several years. I mean, KB v1/2 - this is the only Tarantino's movie that I was able to watch in full. All his previous works was weak, not interesting and low_attractive to me. Yep ... this is a rare case when something became better with age, or I became worse :D

[spoiled]### && *** ()()()()()[/spoiled] is serious lack of this movie, cuz it makes the stylisch lose ...
The 5,6,7,8s music in v1 was amazing ... :nod:

**** lobo.... label a spoiler if you're going to post it!
:ticked:

Diesel said:
Sorry... :ut-oh:

Diesel said:

Ooops, I'd have to agree with that one! Maybe wanna hit the lil edit button, lobo :ut-oh:

lobo said:
I mean, KB v1/2 - this is the only Tarantino's movie that I was able to watch in full.

Didn't care for Pulp Fiction? That used to be my fav Q movie.
Jackie Brown was a good flick. But I think Pam Greer kicks **** so...
Reservoir Dogs kicked some booty.
My Best Friend's Birthday and Four rooms..... :razz:

I'm interested in seeing how he does making a war movie; Inglorious ****s. Supposed to come out next year.

lobo - did you seriously not enjoy pulp fiction???

bostonchick said:
Ooops, I'd have to agree with that one! Maybe wanna hit the lil edit button, lobo :ut-oh:
It is intriguing second request for 20 minutes ... what should I remove from my previous post? Was it some kind of misspelling ? or ...

bostonchick said:
Didn't care for Pulp Fiction? <sniffed> Inglorious ****s. Supposed to come out next year.
I do not like to discuss listed movies. I want only to point on one little thing, which makes KB better - KB has some outstanding good idea on it's basis. :nod:

monsieurjohn said:
lobo - did you seriously not enjoy pulp fiction???
Yes, I did not. I saw better pulp with better quality and characters. I had several attempts to watch this movie in full, even I own this movie, but ... once I saw first part ... once I saw the second ... once I saw the finale ... and I never had a wish to watch this movie in full ... nothing exciting ... good soundtrack ... very good Smuel L. Jackson ... boring Travolta & Willis & Turman ... very weak to be a kitsch ... wery weak to be an action movie ... low performance play ... not good operator work ... Certainly this is not my favorite movie. But it is only my opinion. :rolleyes:

[spoiled]###### ##### .. ??[/spoiled] :eek:

lobo, that last comment is what people are saying you should edit out as a spoiler

monsieurjohn said:
lobo, that last comment is what people are saying you should edit out as a spoiler
to erase all post?
what is spoiler?
how to label it?

a spoiler gives away important parts of the movie - people don't want to see those until after they've seen the movie. i think we have a [ spoiler ] tag...

this is a spoiler

guess not.... just be careful i guess

Ok ... I'll remove movie parts people don't want to see ... :lol:

It takes me a lot to understand that Diesel did not see this movie. Sorry Dan! :ut-oh:

lobo> From now on, just preface your post with the fact that it contains spoilers, and insert a couple of blank lines so that people know not to read that unless they already know the outcome.

For example:
The following post contains spoilers... DO NOT READ unless you've seen the movie:

Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers
Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers Spoliers
etc.

Back