What's new

Kind of excited-exchange student

In high school my mom never wanted to take the exchange students since we were the poor ones at my school. I finally convinced her when one of the usual families could only take one of the kids for part of the time.

He stayed with us sleeping on a cot in the living room and had a great time and then went to the other family. After two nights he was back with us for the rest of his stay. He liked that we were a 'real' family. My mom was thrilled and allowed me to have another exchange student the next year.

Of course that student's stay was the one that I'm sure everyone was talking about. I'll tease you with that and add more later.

Canadia....were you hanky pankying with the exchange student?!?!?!?! :lol:

We had 2 at the same time . 1 from spain for 5 weeks and 1 from france for 3 weeks. best summer ever! An experience my family will never forget. They are both part of the family now . I would love to do this again sometime, we spent alot of money that summer . I know they come with their own money but I find it impossible to take it from them so we treat for everything.

Canadia....were you hanky pankying with the exchange student?!?!?!?! :lol:

Well I did see him naked, but that's yet another story you'll have to wait on for the details.

As for the second exchange student - she was the exchange ****. And yep I do mean high school ho. Of course we didn't know that before she arrived, but it didn't take us long to figure it out. She was nice enough, but her English was non-existant so no-one in my family could really talk to her but me. Those details aren't the important ones.

Then there is the "dys" part of my dysfunctional family. Between the time the first exchange student stayed with us and the second my parents had pretty much given up pretending they were married. My dad, who rarely drinks was driven home ****faced drunk by his "friend" (now his wife aka my cool step-mom) and accompanied by his ****faced drunk buddy.

The three of them woke up the household before they even made it into the house. Then they were trying to get my dad into his bedroom and we lived in a ranch where the entrance was on one end and the bedrooms on the other. The three of them careened off of doors and walls and crashed into the floor many a time. Little did they know that my door was only mostly closed and wasn't latched. Of course they made a lunge left at my doorway smashing the door open and losing their balance yet again. The three pairs of feet tripped over one another and fell as a tumbling heap into the bed currently occupied by one very wide-eyed just awoken exchange student.

I. WANTED. TO. DIE.

Here it is more than 25 years later and I can still vividly picture the scene. She's wide-eyed, slack jawed at these three adults that just jumped into bed with her. I'm probably also wide-eyed, slack jawed at my dad coming home with a woman I've never met before. Somehow my mom and now step-mom got my dad into his bed without further incident and the buddy out of the house back into the car.

The "incident" was never mentioned to me by anyone, but I can only guess at what was said amongst the exchange students and my fellow classmates.

We were never asked to host an exchange student again.

PS - it isn't clear, but my step-mom was completely sober. She just couldn't corral the two drunks.

Back