What's new

Knicks, better or worse without 'Melo and Amare?

ron_mexico

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Discuss

I think the past ~10 games speak for themselves. Look at the 7 game winning streak without both of these big stars, that brings up a lot of questions.

Well, you have to look at it this way. When the big stars are gone, teams learn to rely on each other and let the skills shine. This is a big reason as to why Lin rose to what he is now. But I would say they'd be worse without them in the long run.

Win streak or not, they are both a presence that command double teams a good portion of the time. You have to remember, outside of the Mavs, Lakers, and Hawks, most of those teams were bad. They have a REAL test tomorrow against Miami though. If they an put up a fight, I'll be happy

They are a key factors. Sooner or later they will also need a pure superstar players and scorers. Kinda need some good adjustments and rotations for a good chemistry.

It does go against the grain a little bit, but I do think the Knicks are better without at least one of them. Lin and Chandler are a good pick-and-roll combination, which renders Amare to having to compete with Chandler for the chance to play with Lin a bit. Melo is worse because he is more or less an isolation player. Also, the pick-and-roll is a staple offense, meaning that this team can probably still get it done in the long-term without either player.

It does go against the grain a little bit, but I do think the Knicks are better without at least one of them. Lin and Chandler are a good pick-and-roll combination, which renders Amare to having to compete with Chandler for the chance to play with Lin a bit. Melo is worse because he is more or less an isolation player. Also, the pick-and-roll is a staple offense, meaning that this team can probably still get it done in the long-term without either player.

What you said makes good sense. But you have to understand something. No matter what people think of either Amare or Carmelo, they both still demand a certain respect when the ball is in their hands. They won't be able to simply depend on Lin/Chandler pick and rolls against the elite teams. Yes they did it against the Lakers and Mavericks, but they won't be able to consistently do that with every team they face. So they at least need ONE of them, now the debate is who would you rather have Melo or Amare

I'll just have to say that the players make the difference but it all comes down to how big the difference they make is and how well they play with each other.

Its all about team chemistry and the form that they archive playing together. Check the Heat. Everybody is sharing the ball, playing and having fun with each other.
On the other hand, you had Melo being the all time selfish Melo

At first i though they'd get worse when melo came back, not amare though. But it seems melo has the right attitude and is trying to adjust to the system. So I'd say as long as he's making an effort they should stick with him. The nba is a superstar's league, you can't win without big stars. If they were to get rid of one I'd say trade melo and keep amare, good big men are few and far between.

At first i though they'd get worse when melo came back, not amare though. But it seems melo has the right attitude and is trying to adjust to the system. So I'd say as long as he's making an effort they should stick with him. The nba is a superstar's league, you can't win without big stars. If they were to get rid of one I'd say trade melo and keep amare, good big men are few and far between.

Well, that's not necessarily true. You don't always need BIG stars to win. Just teamwork. That's how the Pistons one a few years ago.

Now that Melol and Stoudemaire are back, they just need time to cooperate with Lin and the new play style. I can't wait to see the game tonight with knicks vs heat!

Now that Melol and Stoudemaire are back, they just need time to cooperate with Lin and the new play style. I can't wait to see the game tonight with knicks vs heat!

This can either be a good fight, or a blowout win for the Heat. Even if the Knicks don't win, if they put up a fight, it'll be a good statement on their part.

No The Knicks are not better without Melo or Amare.

It's because of Melo and Amare that the Knicks players are even getting open looks. For example, even though Amare is playing at a low level now, the opp. team still doubles him when he's near the paint. This lets Amare pass it on for an open look and helps the team move the ball.

Same with 'Melo. He's their best player, not Jeremy Lin. Lin is good but 'Melo is a proven player who can take over a game.

ex. First game win over Boston.

No The Knicks are not better without Melo or Amare.

It's because of Melo and Amare that the Knicks players are even getting open looks. For example, even though Amare is playing at a low level now, the opp. team still doubles him when he's near the paint. This lets Amare pass it on for an open look and helps the team move the ball.

Same with 'Melo. He's their best player, not Jeremy Lin. Lin is good but 'Melo is a proven player who can take over a game.

ex. First game win over Boston.

EXACTLY, that's what I was trying to make people understand. Even if neither play all that great, their presence STILL demand attention and double teams.

I won't go as far as saying Melo is still their best player until Lin has the rest of the season under his belt. Because in my eyes, Carmelo being their best is debatable at this point.

Better, Lin and Chandler were already a big big dynamic duo. Add a couple of more superstars and they definitely got a good **** team going.

The Knicks would be better with EITHER Melo or Amare. I would take Melo, because Amare is starting to look like a corpse out there and takes more shots outside of the paint than inside. He doesn't show any hustle at all and is a pretty useless as a PF for the team.

Another key loss for the Knicks tonight, this time to what looks to be a perennial contender in the Miami Heat. Should the Knicks be thinking about going the Denver Nuggets route?

Amare does look really bad. I know Amare underwent surgery many years ago which may have taken some of his game away, but he looked lifeless. However, I have to say that the loss was on Lin more so than Melo or Amare, if you really had to blame someone.

Back