What's new

Lack of any really good FPS shooters, lately?

JHowse

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I know we have stuff like Half Life and the ever popular Counterstrike mod to go with it, but tell me, has there been a good FPS shooter that has the popularity of Wolfenstein, Doom 1/2, Quake 1/2, Unreal/UT, or Half Life lately? I honestly don't think so.

So. What do you all think the next FPS king will be?

Has anyone heard about NOLF? I saw it mentioned over at Voodooextreme, but nothing much, really. If anyone has some dirt, post it.

----------------------------
Does driving a car from Saturn make me an alien?

UT really isn't that old, and these types of games really only improve once ever 2-3 years. I would expect the next BIG kick-**** FPS game to come out late next year, or so.

Right now, everyone's still focusing on mods for Q3A and UT.

spidergoolash: "heh, a cup of diesel dan - mwahhha"
me: "heh, a cup of me is like a cup of heaven!"

Dark Forces was a good one. I also enjoyed the first two Quake games and Unreal.

I believe that I heard somewhere that there is a New Duke 3d coming out some time soon. I dont know when or if i am even right but hey we can all hope. anyway i guess untill then i will stick to Half-Life and Counter-Strike.

accept what God and nature has given us each day with appreciation and gratitude, and never give up because somehow, somewhere were going to find fish and have a great time fishing!!!

Even though I played through Q3A several times, I was rather dissapointed. It was more like Mortal Kombat meets FPS....and not much of the coolness (even though I did like the voice saying "EXCELLENT" during multiple kills). Quake 2 was better, really. So is Half Life.

i agree JH
q3a sucked!

we need a new duke nuken 3d type game
that was one of the few games i could play single player for a long period of time
that and dark forces ;)

http://www.moonsee.com

http://mp3.com/moonsee
New mix coming very soon!

Mmmm, Dark Forces...

Obi-Wan is on the horizon - let's not forget that game...

My knob tastes funny.

Wait until Team Fortress 2 comes out. Then, you guys will be happy.

spidergoolash: "heh, a cup of diesel dan - mwahhha"
me: "heh, a cup of me is like a cup of heaven!"

Try my favorite (and only one i think worth playing) Delta Force 1,2, or 3(land warrior). there are trainers for the first two... so net gaming isn't all that fun... but 3- land warrior just came out.

<font color="#000000">[Edited by necro on November 26, 2000 (edited 1 time)]</font>

Back