What's new

Lakers Agree To Trade 1st Rounder, Walton, Kapono To Cavaliers For Sessions, Eyenga

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
The Lakers have agreed to send Luke Walton and their own first round pick in 2012 to Cleveland for Ramon Sessions and Christian Eyenga.

The pick is lottery protected and the Lakers also get the right to swap their own pick in 2013 with the Miami pick owned by Cleveland.

Los Angeles has been searching for an upgrade at the point guard position.

Read more: https://twitter.com/#!/WindhorstESPN/status/180347999422119936

Nice deal for the Lakers finally getting a decent PG while also ridding themselves of Walton at the same time. The 1st rd pick likely won't be too valuable either.

i dont know maybe it will be worth it maybe not but i dont think this trade will improve the lakers in any way

Lakers desperately needed a solid point guard. Derek Fisher is not what he once was. I know that he would've wanted to retire in L.A. but business is business. To be honest, I feel he should've retired a long time ago. He's not worth the amount of money that he's been getting.

Ramon Sessions would be a nice fit for the Lakers, giving them some more energy in the offensive end. He's not an All-Star. but definitely will help the Lakers win more games than they have before.

I believe that walton was not a good player and it was worth trading him. But i also believe it was not worth the round pick for them in return.

Back