What's new

Lakers Championship Contender?

No. The Lakers still has a lot of issues that need to be worked on. Sessions is a big help, but you still have a majority of the work being done by one guy.

No. The Lakers still has a lot of issues that need to be worked on. Sessions is a big help, but you still have a majority of the work being done by one guy.

If that "one guy" wasn't Kobe Bryant, you may have an argument. Fortunately for Laker fans, that guy is Kobe. If you are counting them out just for putting the bulk of the work on Kobe, then you haven't been watching the NBA long enough.

No, the are not.

When they let Odom go at the first of the season, that really hurt them.

Who knows how much Odom would have helped them this year with the way he's played though. It looks like a great trade at this point for them being able to rid themselves of his salary with how terrible Odom has been this season.

If that "one guy" wasn't Kobe Bryant, you may have an argument. Fortunately for Laker fans, that guy is Kobe. If you are counting them out just for putting the bulk of the work on Kobe, then you haven't been watching the NBA long enough.

The question is, can the Lakers hold up throughout the playoffs? All German knee surgeries aside, it seems [unfortunately] that it's only a matter of time until Kobe or Bynum's knees breakdown.

Even if we assume that injuries don't hit the Lakers, let's look at their competition. I don't even want to begin with the East (Chicago and Miami), but the Thunder pose a huge problem for the Lakers to get past the WCF. Sessions is improving (forget Steve Blake), but Thunder's Westbrook should be able to dominate the PG match-up. Should the Lakers be able to win a series or two? Yes. But a trip to the finals? I don't see it.

They are all kinds of messed up this year. I don't see them beating the Mavs in the post season. I could see Father Time(Timmy Duncan) and the Spurs beating them.

OKC would flatout embarrass the Lakers. The only thing They are contending for this year is LA's fav. basketball team.

I would never count out Kobe. I think its very possible they could get hot and make a run at the championship. I don't know if this will be the year though. I think they should go after some big names and try to make a final couple year run at some championships with Kobe and Gasol.

I think the Lakers can be a championship contendor. The only way they have a shot at winning is if they have other scorers that contribute, besides Kobe. Kobe is a great player, but he can not win a championship single-handed. Other players on the Lakers roster need to step it up and score some big time points.

I believe the lakers are still a championship contender. Sure, the departure of Lamar Odom and Derek Fisher compounded the lakers' dilemma in my opinion. But hey, big star Kobe Bryant is still there with the ever reliable Pau Gasol on the center spot. andrew bynum's skills sre still on the upside, not to mention Meta World Peace.

Back