What's new

Laptop

If you have WiFi, and if your laptop and router have network connectors, you can connect it to the router with an ethernet cable, which makes the connection many times more reliable.

My son has all the controls on the main computer..there is 4 connections.

If all connections are used up, a network hub can expand the number of available connections. :) (they're pretty cheap and often available even in supermarkets)

I will have my son read this, maybe he can do something for my laptop.

yes you do have to be careful sometimes with what you do with your computer, whether its adding or removing things. Generally you will want to stick to removing programs that you have installed and did not come with the computer unless you are sure of its use with the windows system. It can definitely be a pain to try and fix a computer once something happens but there is always the fall back of doing a system restore on bootup to try and fix the error.

Good thing your son was able to find a fix and knew what he was doing, i know what it can be like to be without a computer and sometimes it just sucks.

Just thank God, my son was about to give up hope.

Well, to be honest, you can torrent a copy of windows and use NLite to get rid of stuff you dont want. Also, you can check the MD5Hash on the downloads to make sure its a legit copy of windows. If it has been changed in anyway it will not match. That is how you make sure something that is pirated like an OS is good.

As, for the laptop running that hot, that means something is wrong. A simple file will not cause this. If you continue to run the laptop like this without correctly fixing it you will only cause more damage to the board and the CPU. In most cases if its running that hot the fan has gone out. Also, certain models have certain problems. I would make sure you have it checked out before continuing to run it or eventuall you will just burn it up

Back