What's new

LD question

KjAthena

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
does anybody know of a way to convert pioneer LD's. We have a set and love them for perm installs but would love to convert them. Any suggestions or leads?

You need a video capture device and the time to sit through and copy them in real time.
And then you need the hosting software to be able to play them and store them in the database like the CDGs.

we tried that using a plextor and had trouble with the Baud rate causing the viedo to jump. We were only able to convert to DVD.What hosting software would be able to play them and store them in the database like the CDGs?

KjAthena said:
we tried that using a plextor and had trouble with the Baud rate causing the viedo to jump. We were only able to convert to DVD.What hosting software would be able to play them and store them in the database like the CDGs?
If it is in dvd form now then it could be easier than I stated because there is a program out there by the creators of club dj pro, now pro vj 5.

http://www.clubdjpro.com/vjripper.php

they have a software that will play karaoke files as well as dj, more on the dj side of the equation but it plays the karaoke formats and the video formats. The only thing missing is rotation control but if you can keep track of who is singing what without having their name in the program then it might work. the only other program I can think of that will play video and mp3+G is tricerasoft's Swift Elite 4. It has the ability to put the name of the singer with the name of the song.

I have to figure out what I am doing wrong with the Baud rate that causes video jumping first.....some techie somewhere has to have the answer. I am willing to spend the incredible amount of time to connvert them...if I can do it in a useable form

That's weird if your computer has a video capture card then all that should be required is a composite cable for the video and a dual rca cable for the audio. Plug the other ends into the card, press record and then hit play.

That's how I used to record the videos onto VCR tape.. Principle should be exactly the same.

If the video is skipping then either it it a problem with the software, or your disc is scratched..

-James

KjAthena said:
We were only able to convert to DVD.

So you were able to convert them to decent DVDs???

If yes rip the DVDs, I dont know what software you use but rip them to any video files that software will play.

yes we did convert them to dvd but the quality really sucked...unusable really. When I start over I want to be sure the 45-60 mins per side produces quality. (over 200 discs)The macrovision thing may be the answer. I have 2 complete sets of these now and would like to make them more usable...may even buy more sets as people love the quality and the vedios are great....we get many people coming to our shows that think they are the "newest thing" untill we explain

You might want to check with Pioneer to see if you have a license to transfer their trademark from the laserdisc to your hard drive. Hmmmmmm

Chip,

You could just send her a hard drive full already converted and save her the effort!

Go ahead and delete the complete collections from Sound Choice, Pop Hit's Monthly, Top Hits Monthly and Chartbuster first though!

well the first macrovision removal devise I found will not work here due to scart conections...tracking one down here. They were very popular back when dvd's first came out to convert VCR tapes but 15 year old tech is a bit hard to find:sqwink: I am only converting 1-1 so I'll take my chances and I can't find any info on Pioneer karaoke still being "alive" I have tried seems to be orphaned.

found a macrovision device that will work and a exteral video capture device. add in a TB external drive and I'm up to aprox 350.00. Will have to run each song individually and name it then when all are finished covert to avi and manually enter for books. about 6.6 cents per song if I donate my time(aprox 3 hrs per disc). What is your imput?

Back