What's new

Leader of the band

dj john

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if there is a version of this song that doesn't have the background singers BLARING the chorus ? So far I have tried two and both of them blare so loud it almost scares my singers

I have both Pocket Songs' version and Sound Choice's GEM series version and hadn't noticed it being overwhelming. Dan uses alot of reverb on his vocals sometimes and it sounds like more than one person at times. He has also done backing vocals too. You should be able to overcome the backing vocals somehow.

I have to tell you that this thread is spooking me out a little. I woke up thinking about this song this morning! Thinking of giving it a try...

WHile I personally like the Pocket Songs PS1378 version, I also have the Legends LG229 version, which may be more to your liking.

I often wonder why PSJT versions are sometimes different than the regular PS versions? I heard the version on PSJT and didn't like it at all- go figure...

I don't like the pocket songs version because the lyrics are wrong in the last verse.
"I thank you Father music and the stories of the road"
instead of the correct
"I thank you for the music"

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

DannyGKaraoke said:
I don't like the pocket songs version because the lyrics are wrong in the last verse.
"I thank you Father music and the stories of the road"
instead of the correct
"I thank you for the music"
The GEM series and Sound Choice got it correct. I hate it when the lyrics are wrong.

BTW Danny, a suggestion, and I'm not being a wiseguy- I've made this error myself: Did you make sure you weren't on the vocal demo side of the disc?

Also, if you didn't do it already, try engaging the VCM when using that track....

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

DAM! Can't you EDIT here????

Danny, what I meant about VCM was to set it to music only....

OOps, my apologies to Danny. I confused the Legends and PS versions. NOTHING wipes out that blaring input on the PS performance version. What I do is use the guide track version - which doesn't blare in- and use VCM to wipe out the vocals.

I have both the PS version and the GEM series. I had the Sound Choice version before my discs walked on me. I prefer the GEM series over PS due to lyric accuracy. Nothing to do with audio quality.

Back