What's new

Leave the **** dogs home!

Sounds like he just wants to show off his new puppies. Really bad event to do that at. Tell him to throw his own **** party. :lol:

I'd go to a puppy party. :) Sounds fun when you come to it being prepared for them. But just to show up to a party with your kids for another kid and not knowing? Not cool.

It is a child's birthday party, not puppy socialization party. He may want to throw a socialization party but your calendar is full that day for your children. That's that! If he can't come, so be it.

I'd go to a puppy party. :) Sounds fun when you come to it being prepared for them. But just to show up to a party with your kids for another kid and not knowing? Not cool.

Sure - I'd love to go to a puppy party :hiphip:but not with a bunch of kids running around at the same time. It's like you're just asking to be sued by lots of angry parents (and rightly so.)

I can just hear the teaser for the news story now - "Puppies in search of birthday cake end up injuring many young partygoers. Full details at 11." :lol:

Maybe he thinks a puppy party along the lines of WWE "puppies?" a.k.a. boobs.

I bet his gift woulda been very crappy indeed.....

So I agree your friend is an idiot. But how about coming at it from your concern about the puppies welfare? Something like, "oh those poor puppies will be so scared with all that commotion around them", and "having them in that atmosphere will set back their training for weeks" and "there are so many cooties at a kids party I would never bring a puppy that will be manhandled by all those strangers." I am sorry you have to deal with someone so thick.

So I agree your friend is an idiot. But how about coming at it from your concern about the puppies welfare? Something like, "oh those poor puppies will be so scared with all that commotion around them", and "having them in that atmosphere will set back their training for weeks" and "there are so many cooties at a kids party I would never bring a puppy that will be manhandled by all those strangers." I am sorry you have to deal with someone so thick.
I disagree with that approach. She already made the request that there be no puppies at her party, she doesn't need to explain why.

No puppies (and I love dogs).

Disregarding your family's dislike of dogs, a party such as you describe is no place for puppies. Then can be manhandled and seriously injured as well as the fact that they may pick up a disease that humans can transmit (like parvo on their clothing) unintentionally. Puppies are not meant to traipse around until they have had a couple rounds of shots.

It is irrelevant that you have guests coming who are afraid of dogs. It is irrelevant that the puppies will be overwhelmed. It is irrelevant that a child might get bit or scratched.

It is only relevant that you told him not to bring his dogs. If you have any further contact with him before the party tell him it is your house, your rules. If he cannot or will not leave his new puppies at home, then he is no longer invited for this event. If he simply shows up with dogs, tell him he knew your rule ahead of time and he is not welcome.

His disrespect for you and your husband is astounding. Take the high road and be civil but don't tolerate this rudeness on his part.

I can just hear the teaser for the news story now - "Puppies in search of birthday cake end up injuring many young partygoers. Full details at 11." :lol:[/quote]
This cracked DH and I up! I could totally see that happening---just my luck!

It is irrelevant that you have guests coming who are afraid of dogs. It is irrelevant that the puppies will be overwhelmed. It is irrelevant that a child might get bit or scratched.

It is only relevant that you told him not to bring his dogs. If you have any further contact with him before the party tell him it is your house, your rules. If he cannot or will not leave his new puppies at home, then he is no longer invited for this event. If he simply shows up with dogs, tell him he knew your rule ahead of time and he is not welcome.

His disrespect for you and your husband is astounding. Take the high road and be civil but don't tolerate this rudeness on his part.
You really said this well-really put it into perspective. I am hoping he comes to his senses and leaves the dogs home! Thanks everyone for your insights!

Wrong! If he disrespects your wishes concerning who & what you want at your own house, he is NO FRIEND, and definitely not a good friend.

He is a rude a-hole, and needs to be told point blank:
No dogs invited, if he can't leave them at home then he's free to stay home with them.

:shesaid:

You can also mention--some people are allergic to dogs--and they would not be expecting a dog at the kids birthday party-

Back