What's new

Lets rate all the Sports Movies?

Rocky Balboa

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
List sports movies you've seen and give them a rating 1 to 10 along with your comments on the movie.

Here's my list:

10 Rocky: I'm not just giving this a ten because it was about me. I thought this was a great movie.

10 Rudy: A movie about an overachiever. Rudy was small dude with no athleticism who managed to barely make the cut all four years at Notre Dame. This was back when Notre Dame "owned football". Excellent movie!

10 Cinderella Man: Another movie about boxing. This one is based on a true story and it is a very well made movie. Stars Russell Crowe, Renee Zellweger and Paul Giamatti.
ps I could have kicked his ****.

10 Hoosiers: Have you ever seen a Gene Hackman movie which was not good?

9 Miracle on Ice: I would probably give this movie a lower score (7) if it wasn't for the fact that it is based on a true story. Kirt Russell is the star of this movie and it is by far his best performance ever.

9 The Natural: A baseball movie, staring Robert Redford, set back duing the World War 2 era. I almost want to give this movie a 10 but, I am a tough grader.

9 Angels in the Outfield: This is a movie for the whole family; the wife and kids will like it, it's a fun movie.

8 Tin Cup: My favorite Kevin Costner Movie.

8 Bull Durahm: Another Kevin Costner movie.

8 Chariots of fire: This movie almost inspired me to become a runner back when I was a kid. I hate running just for the sake of exercize. Basketball? Yes. Football? Yes. Running track? Hell No. However, this movie made me stop and think long and hard about it. For about 5 seconds.

7 Rocky 2: C'mon you guys, admitt it, you almost shed a little tear when I beat Apollo Creed for the title.
"Yo Adrian, I did it"

7 Jerry Maguire: Another movie with Renee Zellweger (I like her). This movie also has a few comeos of real sports stars (Drew Bledsoe and others)

OK, thats a good start. Perhaps I'll add more later.

Some movies I didn't care for:

Eight Men Out
Remember the Titans
The Fighter

Ok, what say you?

List sports movies you've seen and give them a rating 1 to 10 along with your comments on the movie.

Here's my list:

10 Rocky: I'm not just giving this a ten because it was about me. I thought this was a great movie.

10 Rudy: A movie about an overachiever. Rudy was small dude with no athleticism who managed to barely make the cut all four years at Notre Dame. This was back when Notre Dame "owned football". Excellent movie!

10 Cinderella Man: Another movie about boxing. This one is based on a true story and it is a very well made movie. Stars Russell Crowe, Renee Zellweger and Paul Giamatti.
ps I could have kicked his ****.

10 Hoosiers: Have you ever seen a Gene Hackman movie which was not good?

9 Miracle on Ice: I would probably give this movie a lower score (7) if it wasn't for the fact that it is based on a true story. Kirt Russell is the star of this movie and it is by far his best performance ever.

9 The Natural: A baseball movie, staring Robert Redford, set back duing the World War 2 era. I almost want to give this movie a 10 but, I am a tough grader.

9 Angels in the Outfield: This is a movie for the whole family; the wife and kids will like it, it's a fun movie.

8 Tin Cup: My favorite Kevin Costner Movie.

8 Bull Durahm: Another Kevin Costner movie.

8 Chariots of fire: This movie almost inspired me to become a runner back when I was a kid. I hate running just for the sake of exercize. Basketball? Yes. Football? Yes. Running track? Hell No. However, this movie made me stop and think long and hard about it. For about 5 seconds.

7 Rocky 2: C'mon you guys, admitt it, you almost shed a little tear when I beat Apollo Creed for the title.
"Yo Adrian, I did it"

7 Jerry Maguire: Another movie with Renee Zellweger (I like her). This movie also has a few comeos of real sports stars (Drew Bledsoe and others)

OK, thats a good start. Perhaps I'll add more later.

Some movies I didn't care for:

Eight Men Out
Remember the Titans
The Fighter

Ok, what say you?

I sure can' t argue with any of your selections. You might have peeked at my voting card as you were putting these here!

Bull Durham: Susan Sarandon is a 10. She should have won something for doing this film.

Dodgeball: I was the fight kid who would always have to deal with people wanting to buzz the tower. should hate this film, bu I'll give it an honest 8.

Jerry Maguire: Other than that sex scene, and Show Me the Money, I don't remember anything about this movie. The sex scene pushes it to a 7 regardless.

Any Given Sunday. I would give this movie a 9. It was very good and made me want to go back to the days where I played in high school.

I pretty much agree with your whole list.

Warrior 9 - very enjoyable movie with a classic underdog tale. Loved the ending too.

I don't have anything to add to the list considering I haven't watched many sports movies, and those I have you guys already mentioned. This is a good as time as ever to start watching them, though! I'll work my way through the recommendations in this thread. :)

How much rating would you give for Rebound: The Legend of Earl "The Goat" Manigault? I think that's a good movie. It's such a tragic story for someone who was given the shot but didn't take it. "For every Michael Jordan , there's an Earl Manigault. We all can't make it. Somebody has to fall. I was the one."

For a comedy, I have to say that "The Longest Yard" was one of the funniest sports comedies I have seen. It remains to this day one of my go to comedy movies. Although it doesn't really motivate me like "Any Given Sunday," I thought that "The Longest Yard" was very entertaining. I'd give it a 8/10 and I'd give "Any Given Sunday" a 9/10.

The Blind Side was a great inspirational movie and was able to move me. It's a dramatic and exciting movie. I would give it a 10 not for the acting but for the story. The Longest Yard was really funny.

Here are some my rating for some of the movies that I have seen.

10 Rocky I just love all the movies that I have seen in this series. There is a lot of action to them.

10 Major Leagues I love the original movie. This is a great cast to the movie. I enjoyed this one very much.

6 Major League 2 I didn't really like the sequel to the first one as much. To me it was kinda boring.

10 Angels In The Outfield I love this movie as well. They cast did very well playing their parts in this movie. I think this is a must see.

8 Eight Men Out I did like this movie. In most cases I always did like baseball movies. I love history and to me this was a good movie for to see.

10 Rookie Of The Year This is a funny movie. I enjoy the part where the kid throws the ball from the bleacher seats to home plate. The only reason that he that was he broke his arm and his tendons healed a little tight. The Cubs in the movie signed him to play with the team. The boy's mothers boyfriend was his agent. He played his role well as bad guy in this one.

The Blind Side was a great inspirational movie and was able to move me. It's a dramatic and exciting movie. I would give it a 10 not for the acting but for the story. The Longest Yard was really funny.

The Blind Side had me in tears almost at some points. It is such an inspirational and moving movie. I recommend everyone to check it out, football fan or not. I don't watch much football, but loved the movie nonetheless. I agree with a solid 9 at least, if only for the storyline.

I have my own personal favorites, I just can't remember the titles of some. Movies like Moneyball, The replacement, Any given sunday, Million Dollar baby and many more. I love watching these types of movies especially when there's drama involved.

I would also go for "The Longest Yard" as i don't really like sports movies. I also enjoyed the original english version "Mean Machine" a very good movie with Vinnie Jones. Id give them both 9/10

Have we all see Rollerball? Great movie for a sinister twist to roller skating.

Another movie that really had an impact for me was Invictus. The story was good, and I think it was based on a true story as well, same with The Blind Side. The great thing about the movie was it showed how Rugby became an instrument to bring people together.

Hmm, I'd give The Longest Yard a 9/10. It was hilarious. Then, The Blind Side would be 8/10. It was really inspirational. Both of them had me in tears - one because it was so funny, the other because it was so moving.

I think those two are the only sports movies I've watched until now.

How about The Warrior?
I think it was the name of the movie, about the 2 brothers, etc.

I forgot to say anything about Major League. I'd give that one a 9, it was very funny. ML number 2, not to much. Also the The Rookie. Great movie, give it an 8.

How about Talledaga Nights? What would you rate that movie?

Hmm, I'd give The Longest Yard a 9/10. It was hilarious. Then, The Blind Side would be 8/10. It was really inspirational. Both of them had me in tears - one because it was so funny, the other because it was so moving.

I think those two are the only sports movies I've watched until now.

Longest Yard was not really a sports in my opinion. It was just stupid.

The Blind Side was a good movie. Nice call! I forgot about that one.

I sure can' t argue with any of your selections. You might have peeked at my voting card as you were putting these here!

I agree with all that.. but you left out a 10

Caddyshack!

Back