What's new

London

Mikerocosms

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Now that my daughter is in marching band, she has an opportunity to go and march in London for the new years parade. Cost is a cool $3000 +pocket money. Only thing is she told me about it 2 weeks ago and the deadline for a passport is the 15th. So I had to go to the post office and have an expedited passport form filled out, sent it next day, and pay to have it sent back next day ($220).

Well I've been tracking it online and finally it is in it's final stages and states that it should be mailed back "around 9/4/2010". So it looks like as if she is going to make this trip.

M

I see London, I see France.............:choir:

:lol: Yay for your daughter! What a great experience for her. Why did she not tell you sooner though? I would think she would be so excited that she would tell you right away.
Hope that passport gets here in time with no troubles.

Yeah I feel a lot better now that I have a fairly specific date on when the passport is going to show up. Now all I have to do is get her a Visa debit card so she won't have cash money to worry about and I will be able to add more funds if needed. According to the instructor Visa is widely accepted over there and if anything she can go to an atm and withdrawal already converted Euro's.

M

Why does she need the passport so soon?

What a wonderful opportunity!

London is my FAVORITE place to go
daydreamin.gif
Do they perchance need a chaperone? :bee:

our band is going to Germany in the spring, with we went to cool places when I was in the band all we did was go to florida

Our school band wet to Europe for 12 days last Spring Break- Germany, Czech, Austria and Italy. They had a great time. What I noticed with my daughter's Chase debit card was that Chase charged a fee each time she withdrew money from an ATM. It was $2 or $3 each time. Chase said they had to charge it as a conversion fee.

Our school band wet to Europe for 12 days last Spring Break- Germany, Czech, Austria and Italy. They had a great time. What I noticed with my daughter's Chase debit card was that Chase charged a fee each time she withdrew money from an ATM. It was $2 or $3 each time. Chase said they had to charge it as a conversion fee.

Ahh thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind.

M

I'm glad she's entering the country all legal like......with proper papers. :snicker:

Definitely check with the bank you are going to get the Visa card. Some charge exorbitant transaction fee, conversion fee and/or cross border fee.

Our bank charges $1.50 per transaction and no other fee.

I'm glad she's entering the country all legal like......with proper papers. :snicker:

But let's just hope nobody asks to see the actual papers. :giggles:

What exactly are you trying to say? :mad:

M

That I wouldn't want her civil liberties to be messed with by someone asking to see her papers. From what I understand that's a terrible thing to face. :snicker:

Yeah being discriminated against in such a horrific way in a foreign country sucks.

Keep it up ladies. I want to show this to my daughters band students.

M

From what I understand that's a terrible thing to face. :snicker:

And yes it can be if you are singled out because you are Hispanic or any other race that might be in the media right now. I'm sure you wouldn't know since you don't have any children of your own and all you have are your dogs.

M

Back