What's new

Looks Like I Have To Eat My Words..

JoeChartreuse

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
In all of the years that I have been hosting karaoke, I have ALWAYS said it's not about sounding good, it's about having a good time!

Well.....

I did a private event at one of my favorite banquet halls on Saturday night. It was an 18th birthday party for a girl. About 70 guests. My friends, not ONE of them WASN'T tone deaf. I don't mean that as a joke. ALL of them were two-noters; high and low...and LOUD! They had a great time and the party was a huge success. I received and extra hundred as a show of their satisfaction!

However, all I could think about was ice-picking my eardrums at the end of the night. I literally NEEDED silence.

Now I might have come to the conclusion that maybe it was just me, until I realized later on in the evening that the bartender and two waiters were wearing in-ear accoustic foam plugs!

Literally the first and only time all of this has ever happened during my entire career as a host....

Nevertheless...they had a great time. And that is all that really matters.

Maybe the staff knew the family, haha. (Actually I have noticed banquet staff wearing earplugs before)

In all of the years that I have been hosting karaoke, I have ALWAYS said it's not about sounding good, it's about having a good time!

Well.....

I did a private event at one of my favorite banquet halls on Saturday night. It was an 18th birthday party for a girl. About 70 guests. My friends, not ONE of them WASN'T tone deaf. I don't mean that as a joke. ALL of them were two-noters; high and low...and LOUD! They had a great time and the party was a huge success. I received and extra hundred as a show of their satisfaction!

However, all I could think about was ice-picking my eardrums at the end of the night. I literally NEEDED silence.

Now I might have come to the conclusion that maybe it was just me, until I realized later on in the evening that the bartender and two waiters were wearing in-ear accoustic foam plugs!

Literally the first and only time all of this has ever happened during my entire career as a host....

Joe: I've had nights like that, but I still maintain that as long as people are having fun, then I am doing my job properly.

But that doesn't mean that I haven't worn ear plugs when it's gotten really bad. :sqwink:

-James

Joe,
After a gig i alwais need silence!
You did a good job so...

Back