What's new

*lots of cussing inside be warned* **** MANAGER AT HALLMARK highway 50 KTOWN

Yes, I met you.
We happened to be out in Chicago that weekend, so we swung by.

Oh YOU were the Asian lady. :lol: I remember you. I was a total scatter brain that day.......I had to bring my boys.......one is since on meds for his crazy ****. I feel horrible because I could not concentrate on the peeps.

We need to do the next meeting at a Monkey Joe's or something so the kids can just run and GO!

Oh YOU were the Asian lady. :lol: I remember you. I was a total scatter brain that day.......I had to bring my boys.......one is since on meds for his crazy ****. I feel horrible because I could not concentrate on the peeps.

We need to do the next meeting at a Monkey Joe's or something so the kids can just run and GO!

They were two Asian women that day, I am the bigger one. :)
Your younger son is very sweet, I remembered asking him "Who is your mommy?", he pointed to you and said "MrsMom".

Your younger son is very sweet, I remembered asking him "Who is your mommy?", he pointed to you and said "MrsMom".

He did?! :bliss:

Two Asian women? Don't remember. It was such a short meeting.....I gave tygr some tequilla, sat with Anneburn and Aki.....was fun.....too short, but fun.

I bought two of the pillow pets with the coupons and they hesitated, but still took them. To be honest without the coupon I can't afford to walk into a Hallmark, especially with my kids.

I agree. I can't believe how hard it's been for me to find items to spend these coupons on. I've been avoiding the ornaments like the plague since I know if I get started on them I won't be able to stop myself (used to collect them - well I still have them but have stopped buying all but one or two a year now). I've got plenty of gift wrap and cards. So many of the nice items are just ridiculously priced.

I have managed to find a couple of gift items but have also been using them to get some candy for stocking stuffers.
I hit 2 Hallmarks today and one of them was really big. Lots of stuff to choose from but way over priced.

Sorry about your troubles... I tried texting you young lady! :tap:

That makes me feel better. I thought it was just me! I go around and around the store trying to remember all the things people have posted that they got free!

I agree. I can't believe how hard it's been for me to find items to spend these coupons on. I've been avoiding the ornaments like the plague since I know if I get started on them I won't be able to stop myself (used to collect them - well I still have them but have stopped buying all but one or two a year now). I've got plenty of gift wrap and cards. So many of the nice items are just ridiculously priced.

I have managed to find a couple of gift items but have also been using them to get some candy for stocking stuffers.
I hit 2 Hallmarks today and one of them was really big. Lots of stuff to choose from but way over priced.

so....the $10/$10 coupon is a real coupon? I dont need to google it, and then check their references, and then google it again, and then call corporate, and then make a poll, and then google it again???????

I've been getting coffee. It's the one pot little bags. They are $1.99-$2.25 here. They make good additions to gift boxes or just to have. I can always drink coffee!

****...I wanted the 911 tape to make the news.

"911 what is your emergency!?"

"Yeah, umm, there is a customer in my store...."

"Yes, ma'am, what is the problem??"

"Well, she has a coupon...please have the cops come, quick!!! Hurry, I am scared!"

"Ma'am are they threatening you? I don't understand...a coupon, ma'am, you mean like those things you cut out of the paper?"

"WEll, it isn't from the paper, she printed it...please have the cops hurry!"

"Ummm, ma'am, you can't call 911 over a person redeeming a coupon....that is called a CUSTOMER ma'am"

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!! She HAS A COUPON! HURRY QUICK!!! MY PARENTS OWN THIS STORE AND I WANT AN OFFICER HERE TO ARREST HER"

"ok, I am going to hang up now, ma'am, you can't call 911 for a coupon redemption problem in your store. If your mom owns the store, call your mom. Don't call 911 again for this or we will have the police out there....to arrest you for abusing the 911 system. and have a nice day"

OMG Barb, you made me cry laugh. I read Sati's post and your post to my DH and then my DD (of course when I told my DD the story, I did not let her read Sati's post. LOL just filled her in with what happened) and I did the cry, laugh, can't get the words out without belly laughing....man I have not laughed like that in years....you all have put me in such a good mood!

Ever seen/heard the 911 tapes with the people that don't get their CHICKEN NUGGETS?!?! Crazy bus!

No, I haven't, please, please let me know where to find them! I swear I am going to flag your post so when ever I get depressed, I will re-read it...my kids think that I am nuts....my DD never seen me laugh-cry...she kept asking me if I was alright and I could tell that she was really concerned.....priceless!

OMG! A real live "coupon police" story?! What a ****!!! I hope it is a big FAT, FAT gift card! :)

I bought two of the cutest advent calendars with one this past weekend. They were 50% off, regular price $12.95. So, I really needed three, went back yesterday - now full price. So I asked "I was in the other day and these caught my eye, but I thought I saw a sign for 50% off?" VERY SNOTTY she says "Yes but we had COUPONERS in here getting TWO of them for $3.00 so we (nods at the other girl) took the sign down." "So are they on sale?" "Not until we are sure there aren't going to be any more of those COUPONS coming in here." (As if the coupons walked in by themselves!)

Oh, ok well I'll take this then thanks. Rings me up...."Oh, wait...I almost forgot! I have a coupon for that! :giggles: She had such a pained look on her face I thought Gold Crowns were coming out of her butt! :lol:

But aren't they cute?

2009cookiesheetadvent2.jpg

I saw these 1/2 price at So Elgin (on Randall) last night. They are adorable.

Oh, and how bout they won't be on sale until there aren't any more coupons, so...Dec 25th? Then they'll have to put them at 75% off or less!

Sorry about your troubles... I tried texting you young lady! :tap:

I didn't think Sati has a cell.....at least that's what she told me. :pout:

(unless I'm thinking about someone else)

Hey! I was/am the other Asian lady at Gurnee, but Lee - you certainly were not bigger than me.... But what do I know, we all look alike. Haha

Hey! I was/am the other Asian lady at Gurnee, but Lee - you certainly were not bigger than me.... But what do I know, we all look alike. Haha

:snort:

Psst Teresa, can I have your dog? :) He's a cutie pie! :bliss:

I had a $5/$5. Everything I chose at the Elmhurst store I was told I couldn't use the coupon. Things like wrapping paper B1G1 1/2 off. He said I was double couponing. Ha! Its a sale! Anyways, walked out with a $5 box of thank you cards. Sorry, you're not even going to get one penny of my money with that attitude. Sorry Sati to hear about your treatment. On the other hand, using the $10 (off $10+ that came in the mail) at new Elmhurst Fannie May was an awesome experience.

Back