What's new

LoudKaraoke.com sued by publisher

01erniemac said:
Hello everyone!

I just learned yesterday that my motion to dismiss the Sound Choice Lawsuit against me here in Arizona was granted in Federal Court on 11-17-10. We are going to have a big party. I CAN TALK FREELY ONCE AGAIN! wiredforsound.1@juno.com

Ernie, you have smiled up my entire world! Not just because you are clear (which is wonderful), but because- as I predicted, SC has proven that they have no court case, and unless a KJ is a complete moron, said KJ cannot be coerced into a "settlement/forced disc sale"- proving my point. Not only that, but it would seem that SC blew their whole wad in court- they can no longer collect anything from anyone- except through the ignorance of the KJ.

Joe, take a minute and read Ernies prior posts....if he did indeed settle with SC as he stated that is why fed court would dismiss the case...sorry if I ruined your smile

KjAthena said:
Joe, take a minute and read Ernies prior posts....if he did indeed settle with SC as he stated that is why fed court would dismiss the case...sorry if I ruined your smile

Nope, it's your turn to read. There was NO SETTLEMENT, and his case was dismissed.

"Hello everyone!

I just learned yesterday that my motion to dismiss the Sound Choice Lawsuit against me here in Arizona was granted in Federal Court on 11-17-10. We are going to have a big party. I CAN TALK FREELY ONCE AGAIN! wiredforsound.1@juno.com "

Sound Choice shot themselves in the foot.

KjAthena said:
lets not hijack this thread...lets start another or go to PM

No hijack, and why speak of one? Ernie has posted an important and informational point of information- SC blew it, as I said they would.

Nothing to hide here...

not trying to hide anything just this thread is the Loudkaraoke.com thread...I'll start a arizona suits thread if you'd like

questions about Arizona suits thread started...lets leave this thread for the Loudkaraoke.com issue

rumbolt said:
I am still here sitting enjoying the show with my big bag of butter coated popcorn. Could you pass the salt , please.

Still waiting for an answer to Joe's question huh?

You'll most probably need a LOT of popcorn.... and a pillow.... and a sack lunch....

WHOOPS! Just want to apologize to Athena and all for my hip-shot replies here. I was rude, and I'm sorry... :embarrassedpill:

OK, heading to the other thread for more..

Not sure where to put this but it was just something that came to mind as I was watching the ending screens of songs people were singing. Ever notice how a single song can be used by permission form even 5 or more publishing agencies? Do the karaoke companies have to approach and make a deal with each and every one of those rights holders or is there a central way to do it? Has a company every gotten rights from 3 agencies to use a song and then had agecny 4 or 5 come at them? Just seems like a daunting process but maybe someone could shed light on the multiple rights holders issue.

KjAthena said:

1) As I tell everyone who will listen.......If you are legal request an audit...

2) ....if you are not get legal or get out before you are caught.

3) I have no empathy left for those that know they are doing wrong and continue to do so

1) Audit? Legal hosts don't need no stinkin' audit! :laughpill: Especially, from someone without any authorization to demand one.

2) Agreed

3) How about empathy for legal and innocent hosts who are coerced/intimidated out of money, forced to buy discs they don't need ( Jennifer comes to mind), or cheated out of billable time while allowing said audit? Any empathy for them?

Back