What's new

magazines

mthrlangl

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
What magazines do you subscribe to, enjoy, and read?

I have subscriptions (oh, God..how girly am I?) to Glamour, Cosmo, Madomoiselle, and Bon Appetit. When I have a long time to wander through Barnes & Noble, I always grab a stack of the tattoo magazines..they're fun :)

Currently, I hold free subscriptions to Maxim, Stuff, Details, Gear, Computer Games, PC Gamer, PC Magazine, and a few others.
The only one I pay for is Maximum PC.

The only subscription I have, is to the IEEE global report magazines.

i get jane, shape and mademoiselle (now glamour). and then i read my mom's motherly type of magazines to like family circle :lol:

Wheee!

Well, Mademoiselle is gone, as of the November issue.

I subscribe to:
Cosmo, Glamour, Self, Shape, Cooking Light, Money, Williams-Sonoma Taste, and Fine Homebuilding.

I have peeked at Bon Appetit, but it looks to actually be pretty skimpy on the recipes. Cooking Light is my favorite cooking magazine, although I don't always follow their light recommendations ;)

I have free subscriptions to:
Mademoiselle, which will add another year to my Glamour, Jane, Gear, Stuff, Psychology Today, Maxim, Entertainment Weekly, Sports Illustrated, Sports Illustrated for women, W, Rolling Stone, Seventeen, Ladies Home Journal, YM, Parent & Child, Talk, Yahoo Internet Life, Family Fun ( I actually pay for this one ), & Playboy (for my hubby).
My favorite it Stuff. Although it is a men's magazine, I love the articles.
:)

Gah..how do you find time to read all of those, Jewels?

And, hermie, Bon Appetit has quite a few recipes..some of them are just hidden in the articles.

Originally posted by mthrlangl
Gah..how do you find time to read all of those, Jewels?

I don't!! I should have been reading some last night instead of being here! ;) Right now I have a couple month's worth of each one that I haven't had a chance to read yet.

I forgot also, Redbook, and Wine & Spirits :D

Mth, the recipes I *have* seen in Bon Appetit seem to be pretty fancy, bordering on (or hitting) over-the-top, not something I would make all the time, and that's really not what I am looking for. I usually end up with a minimum of 10 new recipes I will actually use in each issue of Cooking Light, so I'm pretty happy w/ it :)

i love people and consumer reports. oprah's magazine is also pretty good. i don't buy any of these tho, i borrow them from the library :)

Originally posted by spidergoolash
i love people and consumer reports. oprah's magazine is also pretty good. i don't buy any of these tho, i borrow them from the library :)

ahh, frugal spidey strikes again. ;)

Back