What's new

Man U takes Premier League lead

Because, even if United are our biggest opponent, City are a team that doesn't even play football, they play transfers, and ruin other teams.
Look what they have done to Arsenal...

Mate, in all honesty can you really say that as a Chelsea fan? City are just doing what Chelsea did when Abramovich took over! Yes they have took it up another level but still.....

Mate, in all honesty can you really say that as a Chelsea fan? City are just doing what Chelsea did when Abramovich took over! Yes they have took it up another level but still.....

The main difference between Chelsea and Manchester City is that Chelsea were winning Cups and challenging at the top of the table before Abramovich, City were not.

Abramovich didn't buy so many players, but I know the situation looks similar.
Abramovich almost never pays from his pocket, the last time he did it was for Torres, and maybe Villas Boas I am not sure.

Does anyone else think that merely having a billionaire owner is not going to change things and take the team to the top? Money does bring the flexibility to bring in fresh talent but unless you utilize it well, you are just squandering the money and the opportunities.

Does anyone else think that merely having a billionaire owner is not going to change things and take the team to the top? Money does bring the flexibility to bring in fresh talent but unless you utilize it well, you are just squandering the money and the opportunities.
Problem is, City buy experienced players like Nasri and Dzeko.

Premier League is getting better and better. I'm a Chelsea fan, but under this circumstances I prefer united rather than city, but I think they will be very close. I'm very happy about Man U taking the lead, I hope Barcelona could do the same in BBVA...

Premier League is getting better and better. I'm a Chelsea fan, but under this circumstances I prefer united rather than city, but I think they will be very close. I'm very happy about Man U taking the lead, I hope Barcelona could do the same in BBVA...
Another Chelsea fan in the forum, amazing :)

The main difference between Chelsea and Manchester City is that Chelsea were winning Cups and challenging at the top of the table before Abramovich, City were not.

That is true, but Abramovich changed the face of the game with the money he started throwing about. Without it you wouldnt have won what you have in recent years.

That is true, but Abramovich changed the face of the game with the money he started throwing about. Without it you wouldnt have won what you have in recent years.
Chelsea was good before him too, not good as after him, but they were decent.

1998–2000 FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield, UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, UEFA Super Cup

Abramovich didn't buy so many players, but I know the situation looks similar.
Abramovich almost never pays from his pocket, the last time he did it was for Torres, and maybe Villas Boas I am not sure.

2003/4 spent £153m
2004/5 spent £59m
2005/6 spent £112m
2006/7 spent £12m
2007/8 spent £13.5m
2008/9 spent £16.2m
2009/10 spent £23.5m
2010/11 spent £99.3m
2011/12 spent £82.8m

I think you can safely say he has splashed the cash!

Chelsea was good before him too, not good as after him, but they were decent.

1998–2000 FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield, UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, UEFA Super Cup

Im not denying that - but it was his money thats pushed you onto to being able to win the league. If he had never come in I dont think you would have won it.

2003/4 spent £153m
2004/5 spent £59m
2005/6 spent £112m
2006/7 spent £12m
2007/8 spent £13.5m
2008/9 spent £16.2m
2009/10 spent £23.5m
2010/11 spent £99.3m
2011/12 spent £82.8m

I think you can safely say he has splashed the cash!
Look at my last message, we were still successful before him.

Back on topic United can still have a blip yet as to can City - 9 games are still worth a lot of points, things will be changing right to the wire this season. It is way too close to call yet. We'll see more when there are only 4 games left this season.

Back on topic United can still have a blip yet as to can City - 9 games are still worth a lot of points, things will be changing right to the wire this season. It is way too close to call yet. We'll see more when there are only 4 games left this season.
Not so much time left though.
Both of the teams are out of the FA Cup, and out of the CL.
City have a game left at home against Man U if I am correct, so, it is going to be a war.

Not so much time left though.
Both of the teams are out of the FA Cup, and out of the CL.
City have a game left at home against Man U if I am correct, so, it is going to be a war.

Spurs could yet still be in the picture if City and United stumble - It would be great to knock United off that pedestal they think they belong on.

Spurs could yet still be in the picture if City and United stumble - It would be great to knock United off that pedestal they think they belong on.
Hmmm, I don't think Spurs can take 2nd place, but if they would it could be amazing for them.

Back