What's new

Manti Teo hoax? (nothing to see here folks... move it along)

Pammieann

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Somebody wanna "break it down" for me? I am so lost?!?:lol:

Re: Manti Teo hoax?

I didn't get any Swagbucks for searching. Only thing I learned it that Manti Teo is a who, not a what.

Somebody wanna "break it down" for me? I am so lost?!?:lol:

I don't know who he is, but he has been on the tv whole day, I had the TV on for background noise, this is what I gathered: he got to know a girl online ad talked to her on the phone and got emotional involved with her, thought they were connected in some ways. The girl died of leukemia a few months ago, right after he lost his grandma, etc. It turned out to be a hoax because the girl doesn't exist, his friends were playing prank on him.

It's a cruel joke!!

Ooh I at least know who he is - football player for Notre Dame.
Nobody was expecting me to answer that, were they?

A couple of friends went to ND and they're always posting about the football stuff.

My understanding is that he was a football player for Notre Dame; last year his "girlfriend" supposedly died of leukemia. It was touching; he was brave; everyone was terribly moved. Now apparently it turns out she never even existed. He insists that they only corresponded online but he was deeply in love and that he did not in fact realize she wasn't a real person, others have their doubts as this whole story was pretty central in his bid for the Heisman.

That's one of DH's favorite players.... Huge ND fan(and Duke for bball) he hasn't said anything about it being a hoax.

Ooh I at least know who he is - football player for Notre Dame.
Nobody was expecting me to answer that, were they?

A couple of friends went to ND and they're always posting about the football stuff.

I figured he is a football player because when I did peek at the tv, I saw the coach was talking and the football player standing around, but didn't figure out which team. LOL

how do you have a serious relationship with someone online without figuring out they're not a chick?

you'd think they'd at least skyped/etc before...

Sports radio has been talking about the hoax all day and most of the show-hosts are accusing him of being in on it?

how do you have a serious relationship with someone online without figuring out they're not a chick?

you'd think they'd at least skyped/etc before...

This. I have been pondering more. From being here and seeing how close some of you are, I somewhat get it. But he was in love with this girl? Who he never met? Strange.

This. I have been pondering more. From being here and seeing how close some of you are, I somewhat get it. But he was in love with this girl? Who he never met? Strange.
Especially his being a college age guy with all of those hormones running?
Did he never talk to her on the phone? No skyping?

I find it very strange.

I heard something on the radio this morning but I had no clue what or who they where talking about. This is what they said:

A Mormon kid going to a Catholic institution that might be gay =fake girlfriend.

I saw on tmz he claimed to have met her face to face in past interviews.

well I can understand that he might have said that to reporters( that he had met her)-I mean he doesnt want to sound that crazy to the public,

Haven't any of you watched Catfish on MTV?

It's all about people in online relationships not being who they claim to be. Not saying its true that he had no involvement, but apparently it does happen!

Now I'm wondering if my Fiya really exists. :nopompom:

Now I'm hearing versions of this story that are just very sad.

I do not know if they are true, but that Teo had a relationship with a male friend & concocted a GF to cover up because both came from families who would not accept them being gay.

Now I'm hearing versions of this story that are just very sad.

I do not know if they are true, but that Teo had a relationship with a male friend & concocted a GF to cover up because both came from families who would not accept them being gay.

So did the male friend die? :dunce:

Back