What's new

Mariano's/Frankfort

Lotsacoups

I have ongoing problems with my PMS
PF Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat as I just saw this in the Southtown. Mariano's will be building a store in Frankfort on 209th LaGrange. Farish from me but doable for the right deal.

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

Woah... time to go read up on the Mariano's threads. I've been ignoring them...

The proposal calls for Mariano’s to be located south of Old Plank Trail Community Bank and north of McDonald’s in an area now occupied by homes that were converted into business, including DePaulo Travel and Red Door Realty. Those buildings would be razed and the businesses would be relocated, Cook said.

This will be on the same side of the street as Walts (just south of it). I'm sure they will protest the close proximity to their store. I would estimate this is about 1 block south.

The proposal calls for Mariano’s to be located south of Old Plank Trail Community Bank and north of McDonald’s in an area now occupied by homes that were converted into business, including DePaulo Travel and Red Door Realty. Those buildings would be razed and the businesses would be relocated, Cook said.

This will be on the same side of the street as Walts (just south of it). I'm sure they will protest the close proximity to their store. I would estimate this is about 1 block south.

always forget theres a walts there....

I really wish they would build one on 103rd & Harlem in the old Cub Foods. That is really an eyesore.

Bridgeview is in such debt, you would think they would be courting anybody to move in there.

I'm pretty sure it's were Enrico's used to be/is right now. They just closed and are moving to another location.

Actually I think the address of the new store is 21001 LaGrange so it should be north of McDonalds where the "house" real estate agency was located. I can't wait. I saw my first Marianos a couple weeks ago up by Morton Grove while passing through for a band competition. It was beautiful.

I haven't. I didn't know they will fry/cook you meat for you while you shop.

Took my DH to Ultra/Crestwood today for the first time. He loved it. He said too bad it isn't closer to our house. Then he remembered "hey they are going to build a new grocery store by the old Kmart." Even he is excited about Mariano's coming to Oak Lawn as he enjoys a good cup of coffee.

My dh went yesterday to get his free green bag. He said the store is beautiful and even the employee uniforms look really nice. He said they are going to crush Dom's and Jewel.

When Mariano's comes by us I hope other stores will step up in "in-store specials."

When Mariano's comes by us I hope other stores will step up in "in-store specials."

I am very worried they will kill the small businesses that are around here thus causing us to have a lot of empty store fronts. UGH not happy about them coming to our community. And the location is horrible. It's going to make already bad traffic even worse.

Did anyone get a grand opening ad in the mail? I didn't and I was expecting to...

I went today, wow , everything you could want. I was in the cheese section for 1/2 hour.

Back