What's new

Mastitis

newfly

Soooo demanding
PF Member
Reaction score
In early stages. Go see a doc tomorrow or give it a few days and see if it clears up on its own?

Have you had it before? If not, it gets *very* painful, *very* quickly. I'd go see the doctor.

Nope, never had it before. I'm guessing that's what it is.

Put some heat on it, a few times a day. Hope it clears up quickly!

Warm washclothes and plenty of feedings tonight. If it is not better in the morning then off to the doc. It can get bad quickly and it hurts like hell! Yes I have had it before.
Good Luck.

I don't know what this is, but I'm guessing it's milk boobie stuff. Good luck. :flowers:

Warm moist compresses help a LOT. A common home remedy is cabbage leaves placed in the bra for 3-4 hours, this draws out the infection. Don't use too much, though, cabbage dries up breastmilk. Continue to nurse or pump each breast out completely.

Tx for mastitis is antibiotics. May be a consideration for you.

Go to your doc tom, don't wait. Warm hot shower on the breast will help and keep nursing on that "bad" side. Even though it hurts.

yes go to doctor... antibiotics are needed to clear up mastitis. It will NOT clear up on its own.

the warm compresses and pumping/draining will help alleviate the pain you are expereincing but won't clear the infection. Your DR will be able to tell you if you have the mastitis vs a clogged duct. Doing the compresses or heating pad and draining are needed for either mastitis or just a clogged duct so definitely do those.

Go to the doctor tomorrow, it is so incredibly painful, get on antibiotics asap.

Go to doctor ASAP! It can have dangerous complications and make nursing so painful. Praying that it gets better for you! I remember the pain vividly!

No, just tender and red splotches.

Call your ob (or whichever ob is on call tonight) - now, tell them what's going on and see if they'll call in an antibiotic for you to pick up tonight and then see them first thing in the morning. Don't wait, call now. Find out what pharmacy around you is open 24 hours on a Sunday night and call now!

Call your ob (or whichever ob is on call tonight) - now, tell them what's going on and see if they'll call in an antibiotic for you to pick up tonight and then see them first thing in the morning. Don't wait, call now. Find out what pharmacy around you is open 24 hours on a Sunday night and call now!

She's by herself with two babes..............not thinkin' she'll be able to go out tonight.

Just wanted to peep in and say women have been self-treating mastitis for thousands of years without antibiotics, so if you do not want an antibiotic, there are steps you can take.

Just FYI. Best of luck getting some relief :hug:

She's by herself with two babes..............not thinkin' she'll be able to go out tonight.

Walgreens drive through might work. I'd hate for it to get really bad requiring IV antibiotics in the hospital :pout: That does happen.

Just wanted to peep in and say women have been self-treating mastitis for thousands of years without antibiotics, so if you do not want an antibiotic, there are steps you can take.

Just FYI. Best of luck getting some relief :hug:

Do you have ideas? :bee:

Back