What's new

Memory prices

nootch

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I'm finally building my new system and I'm looking to get some PC133 CL2 memory (most likely just 128MB since the prices are a bit high right now). I'm currently looking at this Crucial memory, but at $140 (prolly $160 after tax and shipping), I'm a little hesitant. Anyone know if the prices will be dropping anytime soon? Or maybe know where I can get PC133 CL2 memory for a better price?

Thanks!

----------------------------
"Should I call you Logan, WeaponX?"

$140's about as good as it gets for Crucial(micron).. it's really overclockable... good quality...

memory prices are really unstable.. they go up and down all the time... so it's hard to predict what it'll do next.. i'd just get it for $140...

Memory prices are so volatile, that your best bet is to buy what you want when you have the opportunity. Don't wait on it, because you don't know when it will go back down, if it ever will.

And stick with Crucial. Don't skimp on it. I've had everything from RAM that wouldn't overclock to a stick that just burnt up when I turned on the power to a stick that failed mid-session. Since switching to Crucial, I've never had a problem, and the stuff overclocks like a dream.

I am Jack's raging inner child. Without me, Jack has to deal with the pitfalls of reality.

It was ~$140 at the time that I posted it, but you had to call and order. Unfortunately I didn't do that and they're now out of stock. So I have a motherboard and processor right now with no case and no memory...fun fun...

"Should I call you Logan, WeaponX?"

How you getting it for $140? It's been $152.99 for weeks...

Cool! I love useless hardware! hah

Yeah, I knew they were OOS on it... I wish
their 256MB PC133 CL2 stick was a bit less $ and
I'd pick one up...

Back