What's new

Miami Lose to Indiana

Wengthemeng

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
After suffering a loss to OKC, the Miami Heat lose another night, but this time to the Indiana Pacers- a team which they have beaten five times in a row. What are your guys' thoughts on the Heat's play style? What needs to be fixed? They were on a roll before.

While I can't claim to have watched the game, looking at the boxscore, several things jump out:

First, the Heat were simply out-rebounded. Indy posted 49 rebounds (14 offensive) to Miami's measly 33 (9 offensive). It's easy to say a team needs to rebound better, but a minus 16 rebound differential is almost impossible to overcome. At least for tonight, Bosh posted only TWO rebounds. He's almost a 7 footer, so two rebounds is simply unacceptable.

Second, it certainly didn't hurt that the Pacers shot well from three, at 10 for 18 (56%).

And finally, it seems that the Heat weren't playing their style tonight. Watch any Sportscenter from this year and you're likely to see a fast break dunk by Lebron or Wade, or some other form of "easy" points. Tonight? Four fast break points. It's hard to say if the Pacers simply matched up well against the fast break, or if Miami just got away from that style of play that has been successful.

While two losses in a row (especially with one coming against OKC) is worrisome, the Heat have time to rebound--pun intended.

Heat are overrated. They have no inside presence so they cant dominate on the boards. Most of the time they are out rebounded and their opponent lights them up from behind the 3pt line.

Fact of the matter was that they shouldve built a more balanced team. Bosh is too soft and Lebron disappears at crucial parts of big games. If they wouldve surrounded Wade with a great center and a better than average point guard the Heat would be looking at a totally different scenario right now.

I watched the game and it wasn't great for the heat, which is great. The pacer's didn't play exceptionally well, the Heat lead a few times, but, overall, played very poorly. It didn't seem like they wanted to be there. They weren't hustling on loose balls and weren't fighting for rebounds like they usually do. The win definitely when to the team that played harder.

I watched the game and it wasn't great for the heat, which is great. The pacer's didn't play exceptionally well, the Heat lead a few times, but, overall, played very poorly. It didn't seem like they wanted to be there. They weren't hustling on loose balls and weren't fighting for rebounds like they usually do. The win definitely when to the team that played harder.

I'd have to agree with you. The losing team (the Miami Heat) will probably re-evaluate what they really need to improve on since their last two games were losses. Now is not the time for the Heat to stop trying; I feel like they can put in a lot more than what they have been.

Well, every team is going to have their slump. Even the "all mighty" Miami Heat. They'll regain focus so I wouldn't worry about it. Not yet anyway.

I was pretty suprised. While most of that loss was due to the Heat just not playing well. Indiana does have a pretty good team on their hands, and could be the team to make a run at the Bulls and Heat.

I was pretty suprised. While most of that loss was due to the Heat just not playing well. Indiana does have a pretty good team on their hands, and could be the team to make a run at the Bulls and Heat.

The Pacers don't have enough to go a full seven game set with either of those teams.

Any time a team is playing a second night in a row, they should be considered the underdog against a team that didn't play the previous night. The Heat were tired, and the Pacers were not. That's the difference.

Any time a team is playing a second night in a row, they should be considered the underdog against a team that didn't play the previous night. The Heat were tired, and the Pacers were not. That's the difference.

But didn't you know? the Heat aren't meant to be classified as human by normal standards. They're to be able to beat anyone, anytime, EVERY TIME lol

They need to stop depending on they're collective talent level, and go back to the fundamentals of the game. All these turn overs are stupidly painful to watch. They look goofy with a lot of these plays they are running. It's like they don't even practice anything they run on office. They probably do dunk drills, and that's it.

I agree, the Heat are really in a slump right now. Although, I think they can start winning some games. Lebron needs to step it up and take control of his team. He has not been playing well lately and he needs to start putting up solid numbers night in and night out. If Lebron can do that, and Wade can be consistent, too, then the Heat are a pretty good basketball team.

I agree, the Heat are really in a slump right now. Although, I think they can start winning some games. Lebron needs to step it up and take control of his team. He has not been playing well lately and he needs to start putting up solid numbers night in and night out. If Lebron can do that, and Wade can be consistent, too, then the Heat are a pretty good basketball team.

The Miami Heat are very reliant on a few players (LBJ and Wade). If neither them are doing good one night, then "what are miami heat for $500 please".

Back