What's new

Mom is scheduled for triple bypass surgery Dec. 10th.

kewpon addict

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Mom had quadraple bypass and is up and talking!

She made it thru quadruple bypass and was off the tube and talking as of 5:30 tonight...Thanks for the prayers and please continue to pray!

WTF?! My mom is having an angiogram and possibly an angioplasty on Fri. and my brother who lives like 20-30 min away from them is telling me that he has NO plans to go to the hospital on Fri. He says he will call and see what is up. I can't ****ING believe that he doesn't see this as an issue...so I told Dear brother that HE SHOULD GO see my mom at the hospital on Fri. and he tells me: "thanks sis, but I'm a grown **** man and I can make my own decisions." Really, really ****bag, I think you are an **** and after all my mom has done for him and all that she has given him...he really is a selfish ****...I am so upset right now, I had to just hang up before I said somethng else that I might've regretted...I hope his conscience gets to him! oh and FWIW I am older than him, have a child and live 60 miles away and am still sick myself and I was still going to go and see my mom on Fri. Thanks for listening peeps!:ranting:

Re: I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!

I am sorry Kewpon Addict. Sometimes people are clueless. It is hard to understand where they are coming from. I hope your brother does go.

I agree...that sucks. But to play devils advocate ...could it just be that it freaks him out and he just can't face the stress? People deal with things in all sorts of ways and I'm just wondering if he is just stressed about it? You know him better but just wanted to put that idea out there. I hate funerals and I'm sure appear callous when I try to avoid them. With that said...he needs to suck it up and put his fear aside and go to be with your mom. Prayers being sent your way for great results for your mom. My mom had an angiorgram in October after a mild heart attack with good results.

I'm sorry he's being such an ****. I hope everything goes smoothly for your Mom. :grouphug4:please keep us updated when you can.

Im so sorry this is happening for your mom and your family

I know my dh always underestimates health kinds of situations. Maybe its a guy thing more than an **** thing?

Doesnt make it easy though...

Yeah, I don't know...It just flames me and I am trying really hard NOT to flame him about it publicly on FB...we have some family members on there that I'm sure would call him out on it...but then again, I don't really want to start a war with my brother either...but still I am just so upset and this is the same kid who my mom took him for oral surgery a few yrs. ago when he was like 28. Since he never has a girlfriend and none of his guy friends wanted to take off work. Mom got stuck taking him...I think he puked in her car too....and yet mom still came to her son's aid and was there for him...I feel like this is the least he could do but again whatevs. GRRRR...I really need to try and let this go but it is just killing me!

WTF?! My mom is having an angiogram and possibly an angioplasty on Fri. and my brother who lives like 20-30 min away from them is telling me that he has NO plans to go to the hospital on Fri. He says he will call and see what is up. I can't ****ING believe that he doesn't see this as an issue...so I told Dear brother that HE SHOULD GO see my mom at the hospital on Fri. and he tells me: "thanks sis, but I'm a grown **** man and I can make my own decisions." Really, really ****bag, I think you are an **** and after all my mom has done for him and all that she has given him...he really is a selfish ****...I am so upset right now, I had to just hang up before I said somethng else that I might've regretted...I hope his conscience gets to him! oh and FWIW I am older than him, have a child and live 60 miles away and am still sick myself and I was still going to go and see my mom on Fri. Thanks for listening peeps!:ranting:

WOW it's like you just wrote about my SIL. She dumps everything on us then thinks she can get away with it when it comes to her mother. She could give two ****s about her mother. Sad.

And ever sadder is that I don't think your brother will ever change. This comes from dealing with **** from hell SIL for 18 years. She thinks she is entitled to step on people without any consequences. The me, me, me mentality gets old. UGH here is hoping that karma will get them both.

FWIW I am older than him, have a child and live 60 miles away and am still sick myself and I was still going to go and see my mom on Fri. Thanks for listening peeps!:ranting:

That's all that matters.

period.

So sorry Kewpon, no advice just :huggy::huggy::huggy:

Sorry Becky, I pray all goes well for your mom and I think your brother is either an **** or just doesn't have any compassion for others.

Sounds like one of my brothers. It used to upset me, until I realized that he is one of those people that just can't handle things like this. He loves our mom. Not everyone is strong. In my case it would make it worse if he were there. Yet he would be calling every half hour just to check in. Women usually are the rock and the glue. Prayers for your mom.

WAIT....you are sick right now?

cold/flu sick? or anything at ALL that is contagious?? If you have ANYTHING mom can catch...you shouldn't really be in a hospital cardiac unit anyway. :pout:

GOOD Point Barb ................. I overlooked that.......... Yes , Kewpon, If you are sick, be careful, maybe wear a mask and be sure you sanitize your hands. Only visit for a short time and stay a few feet away from Mom. I wouldn't say Don't go to see her, but just use precautions.

WAIT....you are sick right now?

cold/flu sick? or anything at ALL that is contagious?? If you have ANYTHING mom can catch...you shouldn't really be in a hospital cardiac unit anyway. :pout:

:shesaid:

If you have a virus or anything contagious, please stay away from your mom & other patients. Every patient room has a phone, even those in the CCU.

Prayers for your mom. Please keep us updated.

Also, make sure mom signs a HIPAA release form so that you can be informed by the staff of her condition. Those privacy rules are a pita.

Thanks everyone, I have had the worst phlegmy cough for weeks but have been taking antibiotics for a few wks...they are lower grade antibiotics...zpac, penicillin. blah blah...but I am still with this cough...personally I thought I had walking pneumonia but need a chest x-ray. I may go today and see what the dr. thinks. I understand what you all are saying...I don't think I'm contagious at this point. But definitely I'll keep it in mind. I spoke w/my dad last night and he is upset w/my brother as well but told me not to make an issue of it w/brother. He said my brother is a selfish ****. Guess I will leave it alone w/brother but I am still mad at him!

Are you sure your brother can take off from work? At the end of the year many people don't have any time off left to take.

I'm sorry this is all falling on your shoulders. DH and I took care of his mom for years and his brother did jack-all. When she moved out by him for a few years it was really satisfied when he finally admitted it was a lot of work.

Thanks Barb, going to work soon and called mom to wish her well tomorrow a.m. and whatnot and to tell her I love her etc. etc. She is upset w/dear brother too....I can tell she is upset by the tone in her voice so I called dear brother again and told him: "you really should go see her, she is not gonna tell you to come" "just go do it anyway so that she will be in better spirits" and again he was like whatevs, I can make my own decisions and WILL GO ONLY if she is actually admitted to the hospital" There is a chance that she will have a very basic procedure and will be allowed to go home...so IF she is admitted he will go...and then he told me what a lot of others have said, basically that I should NOT go tomorrow since I am still sick...I don't personally think I am that contagious at this point since I have been on antibiotics for awhile. Plus I still think mom is upset in general, but IF my dad really wanted us to be there during the procedure he really should have told us so in the first place and you can bet your **** that if mom was having OPEN heart surgery I'd be there whether or not I myself was sick, dying whatever. Hope this makes sense to everyone and thanks for letting me vent...I will update hopefully by 11 a.m. or so tomorrow w/how it's going etc. etc.

Back