PF Member
Reaction score
Which one;
Barclays Premier League
Liga BBVA
Bundesliga
Serie A
Ligue 1

I wouldn't dare to make a list, but if I'd have to choose one, I would go for Bundesliga. You can still see the charm of football watching those matches, yet they can be cruel as English too.

Really? That's interesting; was expecting a lot more BPLs and Ligas.

Bungesliga is always massively competitive. They have their national league sorted over there. It is cheap, there is atmosphere and they can drink beer in their seats.

We should have let Hitler invaded us ;)

I tend to find the Premier league quite competitive. That's probably because I usually watch it the most as the English play some beautiful futbol!

I would go with Barclays Premier League or Bundesliga. These two are fiercely competitive and provide great entertainment. Love to see them as often as I can spare some time.

I would say the most competitive league is the EPL. We do not have the league only dominated by a few teams and there are usually 5-6 times with an equal chance of victory.

The EPL is without a doubt the most competitive - even the foreign mercenary players want to end careers in the EPL lol.

I personally think that the Barclays PL is the most competitive league ever.
Each team has a chance to win the title, or stop the title holder.
Also it is the most brutal league, so it is even more fun to watch.
I also hate the Spanish League, there are only 2-3 teams that are good, usually Barcelona, Real Madrid and a team that starts off good but then falls down.

BPL or Bundesliga. In the premier league anyone can beat anyone, Just look at Swansea-Man City. and in the Bundesliga, there are different teams at the top every year. La Liga is definitely the least competitive at the top, just look how far ahead madrid and Barca are.

BPL or Bundesliga. In the premier league anyone can beat anyone, Just look at Swansea-Man City. and in the Bundesliga, there are different teams at the top every year. La Liga is definitely the least competitive at the top, just look how far ahead madrid and Barca are.

Bundesliga is kinda bad this year, last year Dortmund won, and the same is going to happen now.
Although in the Barclays PL, it is a little bit more complicated because of a team that joined the race, Manchester City, and they are killing everyone at the moment, except this small loss against Swansea.

I would say Bundesliga, first, although I agree that it seems most premier league teams can beat the other when it comes to venue. I would have to say that La Liga is the most topsided. Really for them it is just Real and Barcelona going after the league cup every year. Its kind of boring that way.

Bundesliga is kinda bad this year, last year Dortmund won, and the same is going to happen now.
Although in the Barclays PL, it is a little bit more complicated because of a team that joined the race, Manchester City, and they are killing everyone at the moment, except this small loss against Swansea.

Man City isn't totally anhillating everyone right now. They have some competitive matches. And maybe Dortmund will win again this year, but the teams are still competitive against each other and there was another team in the title race, Borussia M.

Swansea 1 Man City 0...
Man Utd 2 Blackburn 3

Premierleague does throw out some strange results (although Swansea are excellent at home and deserved their win)

Man City isn't totally anhillating everyone right now. They have some competitive matches. And maybe Dortmund will win again this year, but the teams are still competitive against each other and there was another team in the title race, Borussia M.
Manchester City did step over everybody that came in front of her, look at Tottenham, Manchester United, the big teams lost to them like it was some kind of junior vs pro match.

La Liga is least competitive in terms of the top two and the rest, but there are seven points separating 4th and 12th. A few wins and a mid-table team can be catapulted to 4th.

There is a fifteen points gap between fourth placed Arsenal and Manchester United, hardly competitive.

But in the BPL, anyone can beat anyone...and they have upsets way more than La Liga.

But in the BPL, anyone can beat anyone...and they have upsets way more than La Liga.

Barcelona have dropped lots of points this season. Probably more than Manchester City. City at home is a foregone conclusion this season...

Barcelona have also dominated teams winning by 7 and 8 goals! And City hasn't dominated everyone...

Barcelona have dropped lots of points this season. Probably more than Manchester City. City at home is a foregone conclusion this season...

Well City did just lose the league lead to United. That is very unusual for Barcelona, but still, no one in the next five years is going to be one and two besides Barqa and Real. There is something wrong and depressing about that, thats why I don't watch la liga that much.

Back