What's new

Most competitive league?

I mean look at the La Liga table right now! Barcelona has dropped lots of points yet they are 16 points clear of Valencia at third!

La Liga is least competitive in terms of the top two and the rest, but there are seven points separating 4th and 12th. A few wins and a mid-table team can be catapulted to 4th.

There is a fifteen points gap between fourth placed Arsenal and Manchester United, hardly competitive.
But the games are much more competitive.
Big teams are favorites to win, but small teams can sometimes just kill them.
A good example is Stoke City, which have one of the hardest home stadiums to win in.

But the games are much more competitive.
Big teams are favorites to win, but small teams can sometimes just kill them.
A good example is Stoke City, which have one of the hardest home stadiums to win in.

Stoke City have not been as strong at home this season, they have lost 5 games at home. They beat Liverpool 1-0 and they beat Spurs, albeit with a lot of luck against Spurs.

So what? Losing 5 games at home is not that many in comparison to some other teams...

I would say the most competitive league is probably the Bundesliga. I think the caliber of players in the league is extremely impressive.

Hands down to the Barclays English Premier League! They are the most watched and competitive soccer league of all time. No doubt about them guys!!!

Stoke City have not been as strong at home this season, they have lost 5 games at home. They beat Liverpool 1-0 and they beat Spurs, albeit with a lot of luck against Spurs.
They are still a difficult opponent to beat at home, maybe they suffer hard times.

They are still a difficult opponent to beat at home, maybe they suffer hard times.

I agree but every league has difficult away trips for the big clubs. In La Liga there is San Mamés and Benito Villamarín etc.

I agree but every league has difficult away trips for the big clubs. In La Liga there is San Mamés and Benito Villamarín etc.
The stadium of Bilbao?
Well, they did win Man U there, so you might be right.

It's a little bit difficult for me to say which league is the most competitive nowadays. My favourite league is BBVA but, if I had to choose the most competitive I would pick Barclays PL. I don't know anything about Bundesliga, but it seems to be very competitive too.

It's a little bit difficult for me to say which league is the most competitive nowadays. My favourite league is BBVA but, if I had to choose the most competitive I would pick Barclays PL. I don't know anything about Bundesliga, but it seems to be very competitive too.
You mean BBVA is competitive? or didn't I get you right?

You mean BBVA is competitive? or didn't I get you right?

I mean BBVA is my favourite league but it's not the most competitive for me. I consider that Premier League or Bundesliga are more competitive than BBVA.

I mean BBVA is my favourite league but it's not the most competitive for me. I consider that Premier League or Bundesliga are more competitive than BBVA.
Oh, yes, that sounds better :)

Agreed - I have to say though in Brazil you need to be competitive or you get shot.

I'd say that is competitive - oh and Mexico!

The Brazilian League is very competitive. Copa Libertadores winners. Santos, finished 10th last season, Cruzeiro finished just above the relegation zone. However, Corinthians could dominate for years with their new financial power.

The Brazilian League is very competitive. Copa Libertadores winners. Santos, finished 10th last season, Cruzeiro finished just above the relegation zone. However, Corinthians could dominate for years with their new financial power.

It's true. The brazilian league is competitive and it's very exciting. Argentinian league is very competitive as well, you will never know who will be the champion. However argentinian teams are having a very hard time. River is in the second category and San Lorenzo is facing a very tough moment.

Agreed - I have to say though in Brazil you need to be competitive or you get shot.

I'd say that is competitive - oh and Mexico!
Those are pretty small leagues so I know nothing about them, though only 12 points seperate the 12th and the 1st place in Mexico, so might be very competitive.

It's true. The brazilian league is competitive and it's very exciting. Argentinian league is very competitive as well, you will never know who will be the champion. However argentinian teams are having a very hard time. River is in the second category and San Lorenzo is facing a very tough moment.

The Premiera Division is one of my favourites, I love the derbies. Boca Juniors v River Plater and the Avellaneda derby between Independiente and Racing. There are so many derbies in Argentina because most of the clubs in the league are located in and around Buenos Aires.

Too bad there is no Boca-River derby this year, River Plate are in the 2nd division. I would agree that South American leagues are some of the most competitive.

The Premiera Division is one of my favourites, I love the derbies. Boca Juniors v River Plater and the Avellaneda derby between Independiente and Racing. There are so many derbies in Argentina because most of the clubs in the league are located in and around Buenos Aires.

Soccer here in Argentina is very emotional, because it's the most popular sport by far. You are right, there are lots of derbies, not just between clubs from Buenos Aires. I'm looking forward to see another Boca vs River, and I think next year this will be possible.

Back