What's new

Most famous sportsperson you have met?

shaun

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Who is the most famous sportsperson you have met? The most famous sports person I have met is Gianfranco Zola, Chelsea's greatest ever player.

Many people are disappointed when they meet their idols, they don't live up to their expectations. I wasn't disappointed with Zola, he was exactly how I expected him to be, a lovely charming man.

What do you mean by meet? That you shake hands with someone? Or just see him really close. I have autographs from many tennis-players including Federer. Actually I was so excited I couldn't get a word out of myself, he was my idol back then.

In terms of shaking hands the most famous sportsperson I've ever met was Jermain Defoe. Doesn't sound particularly amazing but it still felt it was.

I haven't actually met one as in shaking their hand or anything but I have seen David Beckam, I couldn't be bothered to get his autograph due to the crowd but he's the most famous person I have seen.

Lol I was good friends of a football player from Tennessee that played for the Arena team in Knoxville. He was talented and pretty well known around the league.

But then I met the entire Panthers team in 2010, so that trumps all I guess.

Unless you count Steve Spurrier.

I think the most famous person I've ever had a conversation with would be Bevo Francis!!! He actually lives right down the road from my parents in Ohio.
Look up some stats on that guy!

Nothing to write home about on this one. I would say Damon Stoudamire. I got to shake his hand and get an autograph when I was a little kid. I also shook Jamaal Magloire's hand and talked to him for a little while when I ran into him at a Walmart. He's an NBA veteran that some probably haven't heard of. He has huge hands, his hand ran half-way up my forearm. Very nice guy though and took the time to talk with me when I was younger.

That would be Peyton Manning! he was right out of college and made an appearance at a Sports Show I was working. I had him sign a Tennessee helmet.

I got to shake hands with David Beckham. he was charming as usual and seemed like a very nice guy. I didn't get an autograph though, I just said hello and shook hands with him.

Nolan Ryan.

My first husband and I took our son and his entire T-ball team and Cub Scout Pack to see the Texas Rangers play at their summer home in Charlotte County, FL.

Nolan Ryan is the sweetest, humblest human being I have ever met. Every single minute that he was not pitching or somehow otherwise engaged in the game, he was at that fence with kids crawling all over him. So we dragged our crew over there, too.

That man was up to his armpits in KIDS during every interval throughout the game. Smiling and laughing, holding them on his knee, signing autographs, putting his hat on their heads, shaking hands with all of us parents -- the man is truly amazing. He is a kid magnet. And the best part of all was that he truly seemed to be enjoying himself.

He has been my MLB hero ever since.

I dont know how many of you follow cricket , but I am sure you must have heard of Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly. My uncle was working at MCC chennai during 1997 and I had a chance to talk to to these two superstars, get an autograph too , prior to India vs Pakistan ( 1997 ) . I will never ever forget that day in my life.

Wow, I would love the meet Zola, such an amazing player.
I didn't meet any sportsperson, maybe a good boxer or two from my country which aren't known around the world, that is it.

Too many to mention having been a sports journalist, I would not like to even brag about it, these people are very high achieving humans that we aspire to love, trust and see as role models. They are still human in every way - I respect them all.

I've met Hagi, Nadia and Nastase. They're advertising for a bank in Romania and there was an event in my city in a Mall. I shaked hands but I didn't have the time to take autographs, the crowd was to big:(

Back