Mouse Wheel

Finity

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
ok
since i love this board so much, ill piss and moan about this here
smile.gif

my mousewheel USED to work in half life and in soldier of fortune (demo).

but now, i can bind both directions of the mousewheel but in game it doesnt work. in any games. it works fine in windows but in games its just poo
and its bound perfectly
argh
super annoying. i need my mousewheel dag nabit
lemme know if you can help. i have a logitech mouseman+ and i have the latest logitech drivers

Was the mousewheel working before you installed your logitech drivers?

I had the same problem with my logitech mouse. It turned out to be the drivers. For some reason, Half Life doesn't like logitech drivers, so you have to use the standard window drivers to get the wheel to work.

Screw Logitech Drivers!!! They are suck. I find there is improvement on every level if I just leave it up to Windows. (faster scrolling on webpages, functionality in games, etc.etc.)

Scrap the drivers.

Funny, I have the Logitech drivers installed and no problems. My gf has the MS drivers installed, and no scroll wheel functionality, no use in games, etc.

IMO, MS drivers is suck. Use the newest version of the Logitech drivers.
smile.gif

------------------
Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.

i HAVE the newest drivers
they no worky
how do i get rid of them to give the microsoft drivers a try?

The logitech drivers worked ok for my Mouseman+ (both the corded and cordless) version under Win98 SE for gaming using the scroll wheel but under Win2k they don't work for sh*t.

After doing a little research I found that the Logitech drivers don't use true MWHEELUP and MWHEELDOWN events to handle the scroll ball and thats why its flaky under games in Win2k. The only way I could fix it was to reinstall the Microsoft drivers.

Supposedly there is a small registry hack you can do yourself to fix the problem though. Heres a link to the thread where I found it on Ars:
http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=50009562&f=39309975&m=31309257

Enjoy

JD

------------------
Anandtech = Staples' ****

Back