What's new

Move over Pink Slime - How bout some Meat Glue for dinner???

not gonna look :hides:

How about we realize that the US is controlled by multi national corporations and they do whatever the hell they want. Even trade groups are now disagreeing with the US governments attempts to make government smaller. The Beef trade group is complaining about the USDA getting rid of inspectors and letting the companies inspect their own products. This is what happens when you elect dumb **** people who have never lived in anything but there gated communities.

Lovely! This time Halal and Kosher are suspect too because there is a Kosher form of it according to the article. Only trusted sources and organic are w/o this one. It really is scary how far from the farm our food has come and how many poorly tested and not labeled additives are in it.

....and "organic" is really organic! I call bs.

huh? Steve where do you get your info from?

Lovely! This time Halal and Kosher are suspect too because there is a Kosher form of it according to the article. Only trusted sources and organic are w/o this one. It really is scary how far from the farm our food has come and how many poorly tested and not labeled additives are in it.

huh? Steve where do you get your info from?

M2D, I could slap a sticker that read, "Organic", on my ****, and we all know that wouldn't be 'true'. :giggles:

You sure you all aren't thinking about natural, means nothing. Organic regulations are fairly strict.

You sure you all aren't thinking about natural, means nothing. Organic regulations are fairly strict.

So is the 'Organic' sticker on the bumper of my car/****.

:snort:

So is the 'Organic' sticker on the bumper of my car/****.

:snort:

Hey you know that oil you put in it is, or it costs sooo much you would think it was.

I'm with Debate. Organic is not gray. It's a complicated process to certify. My DH's uncle owns a farm and is pesticide free but getting certified organic was too difficult a process for him. He felt it was not worth it. I research my food sources pretty heavily these days and my entire family has been much healthier. We have seen and tasted the results. On the other hand "Natural" can be anything. As far as your behind goes, perhaps it is natural, but you can't use the USDA organic sticker without their approval.

I saw some sort of snack product that proclaimed 89% Organic so does that mean 11% chemicals/other crap? :lol:. Just seemed so weird to see that.

I am fairly sure this isn't Halal...

I am happier everyday dh insists on hauling to the Halal butcher.

I have also been buying halal meat at the one place I can get it in waukegan. I watch my roast go from roast to ground beef. au natural....

I bet the Dilusso deli meat is full of this stuff or something similar. Lets just say that huge log of chicken breast would have to come from a 30lb chicken otherwise its glued/formed. :snicker:

This is why people should go live in the EU. The rest of the world is a crap whole with the US leading the pack.

Back