What's new

Music Videos.

Foru2ctoo

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I am one of the few out there that do not have cable. I don't get to watch MTV or Comedy Central. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, but you guys might have a difference of opinion.

Do you think the music videos are a better substitute than just listening to the radio and liking the song for what it is. Comments and opinions are welcomed.

well
for the most part music is better without a video
but in some cases
i see a song on mtv
like the video/song
and then when i hear it without the video it isnt the same

heh, I've had cable for years and can't remember the last time I saw a music video on MTV.

------------------
"Qualifications for being a Moderator at Anandtech...? I think that you have to be 17 or under, and the lobomoty has to be total. Partial lobomoty only gets you Elite Member status."

Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.

moonsee: When did MTV start to play videos? I've been waiting for them to try that for YEARS!

They should rename it to VTV - Variety Television, full of sitcoms, game shows, reality shows, cartoons.

...and MTV2 sucks usually
smile.gif
I'm waiting for when they branch out (there's talk now in the industry) with MTVRAP, MTV80's, etc, that will be alot of fun. I want that.

------------------
^Alien^ -- Alien Soup Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

[Edited by Alien @ May 05, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

hehe
i catch a video on mtv every now and then
usually late at night

mtv was the best in the early 80s. it'll never be the same again, but i still like to watch the occasional video every now and again for old times sake. i particularly like the red hot chili peppers. they make extremely cool videos and are very talented musicians.

actually, imo, vh1 is better, with their bio's and "the list", etc.

------------------
"it's easier to stay out than get out"

hahaha
yea i saw it
it was funny because it was all like
close to exactly how it was

Did anyone happen to catch SNL's parody of MTV's "Who Wants to Be A VJ 3" last night?
It was hilarious. They did a fake poll to decide between the two finalists, and the results were something like 1.5% for the guy, 0.5% for the girl, and 98% for "Just play some **** videos already".

ROFL

I also liked the part where they had the cast member who was playing Carson introduce himself as "Hi, I'm Carson Daly and I'm a huge tool!"
lol.gif

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

Personally, I enjoy VH1. Me and the hubby always get a good laugh when they PRESENT their DIVA shows... And ya' gotta love their "Behind The Bull----" series. Everyone has a problem, we fired the whole band, the drummer spontaneously combusted.... blah, blah, blah. Anyone have a favorite?

sorry, def leppard takes it. not much luck here (drummer lost an arm, one dies).

and motley crew (yeeaahhhh meeeeannn). they're like 42 and they still think they're 18 (errrfff).

------------------
"it's easier to stay out than get out"

[Edited by spidergoolash @ May 24, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

Music is better without the video. The video only provides a distraction so that you cannot concentrate completely on the lyrics and like the song only because of it's beat and/or rhythm. An example would be Eminem's latest hit The Real Slim Shady. The lyrics are crap, but it's got that catchy so please stand up line.

Beastie Boys - Sabotage that video rocks! And they did it themselves without a permit.
smile.gif

------------------
"Should I call you Logan, WeaponX?"

Back