My 10 year old just said ****!

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
:faint: He was outside playing with two neighborhood boys in the next yard. I was watching and listening out my window when he squirted himself with a hose and yelled "**** I'm all wet!" :faint:

I yelled "Get over here RIGHT NOW!" then called DH (he's at a friend's house). I have never heard him cuss before. He's grounded from everything fun for a long time including tv, video games, outside, etc. He's in his room crying saying "I'll never cuss again.....I'm so sorry!" He didn't even argue about the grounding (which is rare) so I know that he knows he messed up big time.

I would try to wash his mouth out with soap but he's almost as tall as me and weighs 116lbs.....I think he would put up a fight. I'm thinking about also making him write "I will not cuss." like 500 times. :ranting:

gosh, i wonder where he heard that :bee:

JK i know you're the model of mommyness :huggy:

gosh, i wonder where he heard that :bee:

I knew you would chime in with something like that. :rolleyes: yes they have heard cuss words but know not to say them. We don't talk like truckers geesh.

Oh and the other boys are his age.

i've gotten too predictable :37:

There is a time and place for everything.

I'm not saying it's okay but he's hanging with his friends (not at school, church, target)

Ill trade you a boy that says '****' accidentally or one who wants condoms and comes home with hickeys

I'm not saying it's okay but he's hanging with his friends (not at school, church, target)

What?! I never cussed when I was a kid.....well at least not until I was in high school. But then I was a very good kid. :bowing:

He yelled it outside within ear shot of many houses! So my kid is going to be "that" kid? I don't think so! :hurt:

You know it was running in his head after you caught him. He was thinging "OH F&CK! I'M SO F*CKING BUSTED!!!! MUTHERF*(KER!!!!"

On the inside of course. lol

I knew you would chime in with something like that. :rolleyes: yes they have heard cuss words but know not to say them. We don't talk like truckers geesh.

Oh and the other boys are his age.

Not that I know your situation personally, but I'm thinking Lauri's comment might have some merit. If they've heard it, but they know well enough that there's a time and place... maybe he thought amongst his friends was safe enough of a 'time and place'

Either way, sorry you had to deal with it.

10 years old is what grade?

I remember things but grade not years old-weird huh?

Don't get too upset.....kids are kids and I know what I was sayin when mommy and daddy weren't around. But I was still a good kid. Know that you have done well teaching him to have enough respect not to say it in front of you! My boys are 8 and almost 10. I get compliments all the time about how well behaved and respectful my kids are but I know when they are with thier friends and we are not around they are surely not angels. But *I* hear lots of please and thank you's and yes ma'm.....it's a kid thing!

You know it was running in his head after you caught him. He was thinging "OH F&CK! I'M SO F*CKING BUSTED!!!! MUTHERF*(KER!!!!"

On the inside of course. lol

:lol:

also thinking wow, my mom has way better hearing than i thought :surrender:

What?! I never cussed when I was a kid.....well at least not until I was in high school. But then I was a very good kid. :bowing:

He yelled it outside within ear shot of many houses! So my kid is going to be "that" kid? I don't think so! :hurt:

:surrender: high school??? Come on now.....you know what they say about the preachers daughter right??? :lol: even good girls have naughty tendencies!! :surrender:

And when you next see the neighbors demand to know who's kid was out there talkin like that!!! :giggles:

When my DS was about 8 we took him to his first Bears game. My Dh and him are huge fans so we got settled into our seats and the drunk dudes behind us were screaming all sorts of cuss words and funny stuff. As a parent I tried to explain they were drunk and it wasn't okay. The guys were funny as hell and after awhile my DH kinda joined in with them.

I leaned over and told my DS he could say whatever he wanted and looking back it is a great memory. He said things I didn't know he knew but by the end all the guys were high fiving him and he felt like "one of the guys"

I have only good feelings about that day.

Lauri, mrsmom didn't think her boys knew words like that. She is a bit naive.

My suspicion is if he used it that casually....that isn't the first time he has said it.

But don't tell her!!

I know you are upset Mrsmom....so, I am simply sorry that you are upset.

Not true. :pout:

Lol Tazz. :lol:

And yes I have freakishly good hearing. :bowing:

When my DS was about 8 we took him to his first Bears game. My Dh and him are huge fans so we got settled into our seats and the drunk dudes behind us were screaming all sorts of cuss words and funny stuff. As a parent I tried to explain they were drunk and it wasn't okay. The guys were funny as hell and after awhile my DH kinda joined in with them.

I leaned over and told my DS he could say whatever he wanted and looking back it is a great memory. He said things I didn't know he knew but by the end all the guys were high fiving him and he felt like "one of the guys"

I have only good feelings about that day.

You told your 8 year old he could cuss? I hope the Bears at least lost for him to cuss (Bears fan also here lol).

Yep- Bears won!

I have no regrets about that day- only great memories

Back