What's new

My 10 year old just said ****!

awwwwwww...... cute MRSmrsmom ♥♥♥

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

I think you did the right thing MrsMom! Good for you!

Barb--You are right too! Those are euphemisms and if you take an "innocent" word and use it to intend the same foul meaning, it is totally just as bad.

I never heard cursing until I transferred to public school in 5th grade. Took awhile to figure out what certain kids were even talking about. To this day I've never cursed. There is no cursing in our household and my husband and I are commited to keeping it that way. I only wish more people felt the same way.

Maybe I should have clarified...........Of course you shouldn't have just "let it go", as a parent you should have said something to let him know he was busted/punished him/whatever you saw fit.......BUT in the grand scheme of things I don't think it was a big deal. I mean the fact that he is still respectful and not talking like that to you/hubby or other adults/in school/etc should be enough for you to know that even though he may have said it with his friends you have still done a great job parenting and teaching him appropriateness, etc. I guess I am just one of those parents that knows my children are not perfect even if they act as though they are when I am around, etc. If a neighbor comes up and says your child did such and such I am NOT the parent that say "MY child would never......" I KNOW better and chances are pretty good they had some kind of involvement in whatever they were accused of......funny part is if they were involved when I ask my boys generally will bust out and tell me everything they did in the past week that they think I may not have approved of- "Did you kick your brother on the bus?"...."Sorry mom, I didn't mean too, I also gave so and so a dirty look when he did XYZ, and um in class I was playing with my pencil when I was supposed to be paying attention, am I grounded?".....LMAO

Moral of the story is just because he said it......you are still a great mom!! :)

Moral of the story is just because he said it......you are still a great mom!! :)

Thanks and he's still grounded. :bowing: He came out of his room this morning and said "Don't worry....I'm just getting something to eat then I'm going back to my room." ;) :lol:

Now my 8 year old keeps bugging me "What did he say? What did he say?" :gah:

Thanks and he's still grounded. :bowing: He came out of his room this morning and said "Don't worry....I'm just getting something to eat then I'm going back to my room." ;) :lol:

Now my 8 year old keeps bugging me "What did he say? What did he say?" :gah:

:lol: Sounds like my boys!!!

:lol: Sounds like my boys!!!

I said it starts with an F. He thought for a bit and said "I can't think of a bad word starting with F." I said "GOOD!" :lol:

****ity **** ****. At least he used it in the right context ? Snaps for that :)

Seriously though, I would go bat **** crazy if I heard my kid say that. Hell, they respond "oooooh, you said I bad word" when I use stupid or shut up. You know, like when you are talking to a girlfriend and she tells you something unbelievable and you give a long "shut UUUUUUUUUUUP!?" Yeah, little language police over here.

And I HATE that "what the......" ****. Soap or hot pepper flakes in the mouth in this house for having that come out of your mouth.

Sure he can....he now thinks you grounded his brother big time for saying FART.

:roll:

BTW.....the boy is still reading. ;)

So I intended on only grounding him for the weekend (but didn't tell him how long).
This morning he said "Mom am I grounded for 2 or 3 weeks?" Hmmmm........:giggles: I think I'll let him off the hook after school though. ;)

So I intended on only grounding him for the weekend (but didn't tell him how long).
This morning he said "Mom am I grounded for 2 or 3 weeks?" Hmmmm........:giggles: I think I'll let him off the hook after school though. ;)

:lol:

Those times are so tempting, lol

ummmmm....where have you been??

Where the **** do ya think they start to use the language? :lol:

The only trouble with grounding is you also ground yourself.

The only trouble with grounding is you also ground yourself.

No kidding! That's what I tell DH when he tosses around the groundings cause I'm the one home with them listening to the whining! :ranting:

Just thought it was amusing that a thread with this title goes along without any complaints but the Jewel one caused so much uproar. Yes, I know the Jewel one was worse than this one in that it targeted a specific bunch of people but it still gave me that confused puppy dog look. :hides:

what do you expect?

this is YOUR kid remember.....

j/k...

oh and I love you btw....I know I don't say it enough, but I do!

what do you expect?

this is YOUR kid remember.....

j/k...

oh and I love you btw....I know I don't say it enough, but I do!

You're right.....you don't say it often enough. :pout:

Back