What's new

My 4th of July cookies

WOW! So many great cookies!! I wish I had the patience and skill to create such cute cookies. I love the soldiers and the shooting stars.

This is how clueless I am. How do you do your icing?

I would have liked to see one made wearing the uniform of Sati's stalker's husband (maybe with a bottle or can in his hand)! Although it might be kind of hard to make all those tiny friggin' medals.

I use a buttercream royal icing. Recipe I got from a blog that focadima recommended. I make it about the consistency of soft peanut butter for piping and then thin it to syrup for flooding. So I pipe the edges, the put the flood icing in squirt bottles and squirt it on, then use a small paint brush to work the icing into the edges. When that dries, I pipe on any additional detail work.

They were a HUGE hit yesterday. Everyone remarked how good they tasted. I thought they tasted WAY better with buttercream RI than regular RI. And I used butter flavored crisco for the cookies. Don't know if that made a difference or not. Didn't have any margarine and almost out of butter.

Back