What's new

my cell phone broke HELP!

jooey2

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have ATT and no upgrade available. Can I buy any cell phone that takes a card, and insert my old one in it and it will automatically work with plan? Also I do not use it for anything other then calls and text But would like to be able to scan codes is that possible if so what kind of phone do I look for. TIA

If you are scanning stuff you need a smartphone where u can dowmload apps. You could just buy another att phone and switch the card but if you didnt have a smartphone before you know will have to buy/ increase the data package that comes with smart phones. Call att and find out what your options are. You could always buy a phone off ebay

If it's not from ATT then it has to be an unlocked phone that takes the same sims card. You can buy a to go ATT phone and put your sims in that. That's what i did when my phone broke fromm ATT.

When my kids break their phones inbetween upgrades their option is to dig in the drawer and change sim card or go to target and get the att and t
prepaid phone with their own money.
http://www.target.com/OpenZoomLayer...+Pre-Paid+Cell+Phone+-+Black&omniImageCount=2

here is a basic one. You need to check at the store because they have several different ones. From $20 to $100 bucks, but you dont have to sign a new contract so its worth it.

You can put the Simcard in any ATT drop phone (can get at Target, Bestbuy, or the ATT store) and it will work fine.

That said, if you go into the ATT store, they have the authority to give you an upgrade, even if you are not eligible, if you are upgrading to a smartphone plan (this costs more $).

thanks picked up a gophone at wags. Nothing special but I have a phone again!

Back