What's new

my dad's dog died today

Chase

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
this is a very bad thing. he's dad's best friend and dad hadn't seen him in months as he (santa) had to be put into a different home until dad was well enough to look after himself and santa again.
Santa died this morning from a heart attack. he was 10 years old. part dingo, part whippet, part everything else. we found him as a bag of bones rummaging through our shed looking for food. he was a hardy dog. he was immune to ticks and once survived being disemboweled by a kangaroo. he was full of beans, had a very sharp mind and had the cutest puppy-dog face, with floppy ears and big brown eyes. i used to play hide and seek with him. he never failed to sniff me out. sweeping the floor drove him nuts. he used to chase it along the floor trying to bite the end.
my brother was going to break the news to dad this afternoon. i can't imagine how he is feeling. i go to see him this evening. brave face will be hard to master today.

this is a very bad thing. he's dad's best friend and dad hadn't seen him in months as he (santa) had to be put into a different home until dad was well enough to look after himself and santa again.
Santa died this morning from a heart attack. he was 10 years old. part dingo, part whippet, part everything else. we found him as a bag of bones rummaging through our shed looking for food. he was a hardy dog. he was immune to ticks and once survived being disemboweled by a kangaroo. he was full of beans, had a very sharp mind and had the cutest puppy-dog face, with floppy ears and big brown eyes. i used to play hide and seek with him. he never failed to sniff me out. sweeping the floor drove him nuts. he used to chase it along the floor trying to bite the end.
my brother was going to break the news to dad this afternoon. i can't imagine how he is feeling. i go to see him this evening. brave face will be hard to master today.
:kissback:
im so sorry. hope your dad will be ok.

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that

dad's upset, although being as male as he can be and holding it in as best he can.
i couldn't look him in the eye for fear of crying myself. i was 14 when dad got him, so there was a part of my growing up that i spent with that dog.
he would always come and lick my hand when i was depressed and noone else knew.

awww -- I'm sorry.

My vet always tells people when they get a puppy that they have to prepare for the fact that they will almost certainly outlive their dogs, but that doesn't make it any easier when its time.

I cried like a baby when we had to put my golden retriever to sleep. It's the saddest thing that has happened to me thus far in my life.

Sitting in the room stroking her fur as the doctor injected her with the barbituate is something I do not relish going through again with my two current dogs (luckily they're not even 2 so I hopefully have a good number of years).

My thoughts and condolences for your dad and for you. :)

What a coincidence, my hope in the human race died today, too. :shifty:

Anyways, that sucks, I love animals... The worst thing is that you find yourself looking around for him for the next year or two and remembering that you miss him. Maybe his next life, he'll be a... no, nothing is as lucky as being a dog. :p

thanks people.

mark - the vet asked me if i wanted to hold my bird while he put it to sleep. my first response was pretty much shock. i thought to myself "why on earth would i want to hold it and watch while you kill it?" on reflection i can understand there's a being there for them aspect, but it's not something i would like to do.

my dad's OTHER dog died yesterday. it turns out someone had put out baits on the dog walking track and it killed both of my dad's dogs. 6 other dogs in the neighbourhood also died. i assume there will be a few residents out for blood.
i can't ****ing believe it. things could probably not be much worse for my dad. he's showing pretty much no emotion about it at all. this worries me a fair bit. possibly because i see myself in him. what's on the outside can be very different to what's inside.

Do you bleed jellybeans?

Sorry, I had to. =P

my dad's OTHER dog died yesterday. it turns out someone had put out baits on the dog walking track and it killed both of my dad's dogs. 6 other dogs in the neighbourhood also died. i assume there will be a few residents out for blood.
i can't ****ing believe it. things could probably not be much worse for my dad. he's showing pretty much no emotion about it at all. this worries me a fair bit. possibly because i see myself in him. what's on the outside can be very different to what's inside.
Well thats ****ed up

Well thats ****ed up

more than ****ed up....i hate people who do such things..i would rather have them killed than any animal...i currently have the same problem with my cats >.<

if i ever find the **** i will kill him..

i´m sorry to hear that Kelkel, i know the feeling very well and i´m a person myself who likes to be silent about everything that bothers me...only thing i can say is that i hope it will work out somehow and you and your dad get over the loss....

(i know if it would be that easy....*sigh*)

more than ****ed up....i hate people who do such things..i would rather have them killed than any animal...i currently have the same problem with my cats >.<

if i ever find the **** i will kill him..

i´m sorry to hear that Kelkel, i know the feeling very well and i´m a person myself who likes to be silent about everything that bothers me...only thing i can say is that i hope it will work out somehow and you and your dad get over the loss....

(i know if it would be that easy....*sigh*)

mmm. it used to be that the more silent i was, the more trouble i was having.
now days just about everyone hears about it. ^_^ ok, so that's an exageration, but i do tend to actually talk about my problems now.

Back