What's new

My son is bullied, ostrasized and has no real friends.

Ellen I can't stop thinking about your boy. :pout:

Have you discussed homeschooling.....at least for a while to give your son a break from the bullying? Maybe then meet up with other homeschooling teens to make friends?

It breaks my heart reading this. Don't give up faith. God is with you and your son. Keep praying for him but also pray for the kids hurting him. I will keep praying for you and your family.

Ellen I am thinking about you too. I went through such a similiar situation in my family. I learned so much, especially about compassion for others.

As for what makes someone 'right' or 'wrong'....if I knew I'd be much happier! But I think kids whose parents have money and are spoiled rotten are usually the 'right' ones.

My son is 13 and he loves to bring gum into school and pass it around to the class. Believe it or not just through doing that he has met lots of people (especially girls LOL) and it really does give him a boost of confidence.

Ellen I am thinking about you too. I went through such a similiar situation in my family. I learned so much, especially about compassion for others.

As for what makes someone 'right' or 'wrong'....if I knew I'd be much happier! But I think kids whose parents have money and are spoiled rotten are usually the 'right' ones.

My son is 13 and he loves to bring gum into school and pass it around to the class. Believe it or not just through doing that he has met lots of people (especially girls LOL) and it really does give him a boost of confidence.

Yep. This is kinda what I meant......kids can be bought.....sad but true. My HS was soooo preppy (I'm from Lake Geneva for those in this part of the country). If a kid was unpopular, all he had to do was get some Ralph Lauren polo shirts and he would be in like flynn......sad but true (then). (Of course this was circa 1988-1991). :lol:

ellen, so sorry to hear what you are/have been going through. i know no real cure all words of encouragement. i do feel that all this ill treatment will make him quite a strong man once he weathers through it all. what a rough road you both are going through right now. one thing that is good is the fact that he tells you how things are going and you both have such open lines of communication. in the end what really matters is his family and his loved one who do deeply care for him. other people will come and go and their is little doubt in my mind that he will enjoy the companionship and friendship of someone sooner than later. in the meantime rest assured that we are thinking of you and these trials and that he must appreciate all your concern as well. hugs.

I agree,

Lets all pray for Ellen, for her son ==and for her other son and her husband--it has to be difficult on the entire family
AND
lets pray for these children and their families--that they will see the light--and put an end to this ridiculous behaviour!

Ellen, the only words I can tell you--and you know my story of growing up
'when we just had our grade school reunion--I asked people---do you think the bullies are still bullies. It was fun to see and hear the reactions--it was fun to see what they thought the word bully meant. It was very interesting to hear the ones that were bullies did not think they were---and still claim they are not--when others said that they still are.
Now,the encouraging thing was--the perception they gave me--that I had in my mind of myself growing up--none of them remembered that--they didn't have that--they didn't remember my Dad being at the bar all the time--they didn't remember so many of the things that they made fun of me for---
The best thing that happened to me--was when high school came--and the small fish became a large pond---I know we were all hoping that when he got to middle school it would be better--so he was going from small to bigger--but maybe when he goes to high school in 2 years---he will be in the HUGE pond and it will be better?
I know that doesn't help now--and I wish I had the answer--the only advice I can give is to continue to pray--which is what my family did for me
Keep us posted

so, i am asking God, point blank...WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES THIS THE WAY IT HAS TO BE FOR MY SON? WHAT?

I asked the same thing. I locked myself in the bathroom so upset one of the times my boy came home from school. It is a heartbreaker. It kills me. So sad. Never invited to a birthday party, play dates etc. I put him in wrestling when he was in the 5th grade. Then at some point in the spring the kids took his hat when he was walking home from school and they were winging him a round and a round by his back pack. Mind you I was watching him walk home from school at this point to make sure he knew the way and I stayed the distance. So, I see this happening with the boys doing this to my son, He wiggled himself away from the back pack. I watched. He took the kid down and was on top of him punched him a few times. Then that is when I shouted to my son boy thats eneogh the boy has had eneogh. The boy goes along his way crying histerically. I catch up to him ask if he is ok and he is hyper venalating apologizing up and down and told me to tell my son he will never do it again.

They are best friends today.

Duh I wrote this already. Sorry a repeat.

Back