What's new

My way of mounting an LCD screen for lyrics

Did I need to have an accomplishment in mind? I was just saying you're an a$$ in a different way, is it clearer for you now?

As far as listening to others, I was the one who started the thread, I wasn't asking for ideas I was showing a very simple and free method to mount a display. Not your cup of tea, no problem there, I never said anyone had to do it my way. It was just a suggestion.

I feel like I'm talking to a four year old with you. You seem to need an explanation for every little detail. Whatever. I'm done explaining things to you. Enjoy trying to annoy someone else. You're dismissed, buh bye.

I'm hurt (you called me an ****)...................truly............Not

Where is that sarcasm smilie when you need it.....

Ronnie; based on some of your posts in the last month or so, you're the one acting like the child......even to the point of the whole avatar issue....I think it's clear who the child (and ****) is......

I dismissed you long ago... Buh bye to you to :sqwink:

Tuck; I may be the prince, but you my friend are the king.....:sqcool:

Wiz,

What Steve said is a simple statement of fact not a cut on you! Plastic O-clamps are $4 or $5 and would have bolted directly into your monitor bracket and you wouldn't have wasted the energy it took to beat that stand flat. A swedge would have fixed the end of the stand so it would have worked just fine!
That's exactly what he meant. That's also exactly what I posted along with pictures. I thought they might help for explaintion purposes.

Ronnie; based on some of your posts in the last month or so, you're the one acting like the child......even to the point of the whole avatar issue....I think it's clear who the child (and ****) is......
Hey Steve, did I mention your name? What's up with the ****ing at me. What the f!@# did I do to you. Is there something in water up there in Canada?:sqerr:

Ronnie is my name. It has been my name my entire life. Thanks for acknowledging it. I shortened it to Ron for the biz. And what's wrong with my Avatar? It's a picture of my dept. mascot. I created those trading cards to pass out to the children in my community. It's the same picture hanging in our local Applebee's and it's me in the suit. Yeah, I'm pretty **** proud of it.

So what else you got?

You know what? I think at this point you're both acting like azzes.
The original post WAS helpful. It gives ideas as to what to do an ALREADY wrecked pole stand. It only proved that even previously BROKEN and RUINED items can be recycled and repurposed. And if it's not ruined already, the O-clamp idea is great!
Why don't we just leave it at that and forget the petty and childish argument? I mean, really! What ARE you arguing over? They're BOTH great ideas.
Now both of you can just say thank you and walk away and move on. That's all that's needed.

That's exactly what he meant. That's also exactly what I posted along with pictures. I thought they might help for explaintion purposes.

Hey Steve, did I mention your name? What's up with the ****ing at me. What the f!@# did I do to you. Is there something in water up there in Canada?:sqerr:

Ronnie is my name. It has been my name my entire life. Thanks for acknowledging it. I shortened it to Ron for the biz. And what's wrong with my Avatar? It's a picture of my dept. mascot. I created those trading cards to pass out to the children in my community. It's the same picture hanging in our local Applebee's and it's me in the suit. Yeah, I'm pretty **** proud of it.

So what else you got?

Ron Auger - Ronnie is the Wiz......Ronnie "the Wiz" is who my post was directed at...just so there is no misunderstanding....

Ronnie Auger... I love you (in a manly hetero-sexual way)...

You know what? I think at this point you're both acting like azzes.
The original post WAS helpful. It gives ideas as to what to do an ALREADY wrecked pole stand. It only proved that even previously BROKEN and RUINED items can be recycled and repurposed. And if it's not ruined already, the O-clamp idea is great!
Why don't we just leave it at that and forget the petty and childish argument? I mean, really! What ARE you arguing over? They're BOTH great ideas.
Now both of you can just say thank you and walk away and move on. That's all that's needed.

Where in the original post does it say the speaker pole was already wrecked?

Who's arguing? I simply pointed out that a 4 dollar clamp would have not required wrecking what was described initially as an extra stand...

That's the info that was in the initial post......

I'm not the one that took a tantrum over my innocuous reply...But then gain this individual seems to be in a combative mood lately....

Ron Auger - Ronnie is the Wiz......Ronnie "the Wiz" is who my post was directed at...just so there is no misunderstanding....

Ronnie Auger... I love you (in a manly hetero-sexual way)...
Oh man, you scared me there for a moment. OK, give me one of those man hugs. You know the kind, where you wrap around and squeeze my buns so tight and then ever so gently caress the back of my earlobe with the tip of your tongue?:sqerr: That was you wasn't it. Or maybe it was Cap, I forget.

Wiz: I watched your video and I think your idea was a fantastic one for those that have monitors with that bracket on it.

Could be cleaned up as you said in the video, but otherwise if it works great!

A 4 dollar O clamp fastened to the hole in that bracket would have accomplished exactly what you wanted to do, without ruining a perfectly good $50 speaker stand....

I don't think there's a good $50 speaker stand, so I agree somewhat. J/K! :sqwink:

While you guys are banging up speaker stands, I just bought one of these. Had it for two years and still get compliments.

4zssir.jpg
330679u.jpg

Bazza said:
While you guys are banging up speaker stands, I just bought one of these. Had it for two years and still get compliments.

4zssir.jpg
330679u.jpg

Ben from NLFX, one of our Forum sponsors sells them. Please remember that the original thread is a couple years old and that might not have been widely available.

ahoustondj said:
remember that the original thread is a couple years old

Ah. Didn't notice somebody bumped an ancient thread. :sqrolleyes:

ahoustondj said:
Ben from NLFX, one of our Forum sponsors sells them. Please remember that the original thread is a couple years old and that might not have been widely available.

No, they were around. Wiz was just too ch... ummm, frugal, to buy one. :sqlaugh:

what great ideas...We have been using the bars bigscreens but this would work great fot thee party circut

KjAthena said:
what great ideas...We have been using the bars bigscreens but this would work great fot thee party circut

LOL Athena, utilizing the facility has always been my solution too!:sqwink:

KjAthena said:

Thunder said:
LOL Athena, utilizing the facility has always been my solution too!:sqwink:

Same here with me. It is easier to just patch in to the Clubs Wide Screens. I had them buy and install an S-Video cable that terminates where I setup. All I have to do is plug it into my Lappy and the feed goes out to two ten ft. Drop down screens (Via Two Projectors).

ahoustondj said:
Same here with me. It is easier to just patch in to the Clubs Wide Screens. I had them buy and install an S-Video cable that terminates where I setup. All I have to do is plug it into my Lappy and the feed goes out to two ten ft. Drop down screens (Via Two Projectors).

I do both with a splitter. Monitor for the singer, bar screens for everyone else.

Bazza said:
I do both with a splitter. Monitor for the singer, bar screens for everyone else.

At my club, one of the Drop Down ten foot screens is about 75 ft directly opposite the stage so the singer can look across and see it very well. It makes them look more natural singing without having to look down.

ahoustondj said:
At my club, one of the Drop Down ten foot screens is about 75 ft directly opposite the stage so the singer can look across and see it very well. It makes them look more natural singing without having to look down.

That's handy. At one of my gigs they do have a large projection screen, but due to the room layout it is on the wall behind the singer. They still need a monitor, but it attracts the attention of everyone else as the words the person is singing are directly above their head. :sqlaugh:

what about this to mount it

AtdecDonutDouble_sml.jpg

using a pole from ceiling to floor

Spacedec_Display_6pics.jpg

Back