What's new

mybb vs phpbb

bugara1

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What's better and why? I love features mybb has but i've seen some amazing themes from phpbb.

I have used both and my vote goes for MyBB. It is so simple and easy to use for a noob like me. I got used to it and learnt many things from it as it is simple.

I love it very much and will surely continue with MyBB in the future too.!

MyBB is more simple to use instead of PHPBB. However, it is hard to customize MyBB. There are few module and plugin with MYBB

Is it so, i heard MyBB is more customizable.. And i have to agree that there are few plugins available for it.

3DWaffle1 said:
MyBB is more simple to use instead of PHPBB. However, it is hard to customize MyBB. There are few module and plugin with MYBB

Hmm i think you haven't worked much with MyBB. It is so simple to customize and make changes in it.

I have created some forums with phpBB and with MyBB. I believe that there are more themes for phpBB than MyBB. Also, I think that phpBB looks more professional and its features are far better. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find some great mods about these softwares. Finally, they are not paid softwares, that's why they don't have great support.

Both are quite decent, currently I am using Phpbb.

I may switch to Mybb later on, if I get bored with phpbb.

I currently use mybb , but i am not sure if i should switch to phpbb :S

Back