What's new

Nascar bans smoking in the stands during races

I'll just continue watching via TV.

I can smoke, eat for free and NOT stand in line for a potty break. And nobody will care if I do any of those things.

That is excellent news. I am actually very surprised that this didn't get passed sooner. Smelling the awful smell of smoke blown in my face keeps me away from these places that allow smoking. It really is hard to enjoy yourself when you have to deal with the smell of smoke in your face. It is a good step forward in my opinion.

I agree. One race my mother and I were left she was almost burned by a woman next to her.....she is also very allergic to cigarette some. So she has to careful at the race

I think this is just perfect, they should have banned it long time ago. I don't smoke and I hate when somebody smokes next to me, I can't stand the disgusting smoke blown. Good for NASCAR!!

I am so glad to hear this. I agree that it is dirty with all of the cigarette butts, and dangerous with the second hand smoke, but having attended a number of races and sporting events with people smoking all around me; one of the things that bothered me most was the ashes that I would find in my hair when I got home, or find in my food when I was trying to eat. I know a lot of smokers feel entitled, but to me if it affects others around you then you are not entitled to anything of the sort!

I'm not liking Nascar as much as I use to as I get older. But the no smoking is awesome for me. I hate the smell and I hate getting burnt when I get ran into when it's real crowded. I know the haters will give me a hard time but I don't take you and burn you or make your cloths stink for no reason.

I don't mind if there is a smoking ban at all. By the sounds of it that there might be in designated areas that are not by the bleachers where fans are where they can smoke. But in the stands or bleachers as some might say, there will not be any smoking. At Miller Park there no smoking in the stands, but they do have designated areas outside the stadium where they can smoke and let back into the stadium with a valid ticket.

That is excellent news. I am actually very surprised that this didn't get passed sooner. Smelling the awful smell of smoke blown in my face keeps me away from these places that allow smoking. It really is hard to enjoy yourself when you have to deal with the smell of smoke in your face. It is a good step forward in my opinion.

It is Caryn, but I think that do have to set up a designated spot for them either outside the bleacher area for smokers so they do not have to bother other fans who don't smoke. The areas that will be designate will not bother others who are watching the race from the bleachers. Miller Park has designated areas for the smokers.

Smoking is one thing that i can't stand being around. I used to be a smoker many years ago, but now that I don't smoke it really gets to me. My nose swells up from the smoke and the smell of it. If they can at least have a separate section for those that can't break away from smoking. It really isn't fair for those that can't handle the smell of smoke. I can't go into places that allow smoke as it just doesn't agree with me at all. By having different sections, at least they can make both the smokers and the non smokers happy.

I agree fully with the decision. I do not like to be around smokers and if i come to a race, i don't want anyone to smart smoking near me. It is not only bad for them but also for me. Having rooms or places for smokers is fine, as long as they keep away from the nonsmokers.

I am so glad to hear this. I agree that it is dirty with all of the cigarette butts, and dangerous with the second hand smoke, but having attended a number of races and sporting events with people smoking all around me; one of the things that bothered me most was the ashes that I would find in my hair when I got home, or find in my food when I was trying to eat. I know a lot of smokers feel entitled, but to me if it affects others around you then you are not entitled to anything of the sort!

You are right! It's really awful when somebody burn you or when the ashes fall all over you!! I'm glad to hear this too, now nascar will be healthier and cleaner.

It's a good thing to have happened. People shouldn't be subjected to second hand smoke if they don't want to. Especially at a sporting event where children are present. Give them their designated smoking area and let them do their business where it won't annoy or harm others.

It's a good thing to have happened. People shouldn't be subjected to second hand smoke if they don't want to. Especially at a sporting event where children are present. Give them their designated smoking area and let them do their business where it won't annoy or harm others.

That could be a very good idea too, designating specific smoking areas. It's true what you said about children, smoke really harms them.

I have to say i agree with this, i personally don't have a problem with smoking in public areas, but i respect those who do and can see why it should be banned in any area where people gather in public. Good move.

It is most definitely a great move. I absolutely hate smoking with a passion and find this quite awesome. I've never been to a Nascar race, but we'll see if it truly gets enforced.

What do you guys think? Should smoking be banned in other sports too?

h, another step towards ending the world's smoking population. I can never work out whether it is in the best interest of the other spectators or if its just a way to stop people from smoking. Wouldn't it be better to have a separate smoking area instead of stopping it altogether? I know this kind of thing deters my partner from going because he likes having a smoke whilst he's chilling watching a game.

In my opinion it is a very good move, like a lot of people, I hate when somebody is smoking near me, it is just disgusting.

What do you guys think? Should smoking be banned in other sports too?

Yes, I think it should be banned, everybody will be healthier, even the smoking ones :D

Not a smoker, but used to be. Good move for Nascar. Wisconsin no longer allows smoking in any indoor facility, but there are not many restrictions outdoors. I know I would not appreciate sitting packed in the stands and having someone blow smoke in my face. When I was a smoker, no matter where I was, I excused myself from others to "get my fix"

Back