What's new

Nationwide listing of low and no cost spaying/neuturing

You can buy a certificate for low-cost spay/neuter from Friends of Animals and use it at a participating vet in your area. Price ranges from $51 - $90 depending on species and gender.

If that doesn't work for you, try calling local shelters. They VERY MUCH want everyone to spay/neuter all their pets so they may be able to recommend a vet in the area with low(er) prices. Some shelters have a TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) program that will help you spay/neuter feral/stray cat colonies in your neighborhood.

Another option is to adopt from a shelter. Usually the animals are already fixed, de-wormed and up to date on shots. The adoption fee is usually less than what you would pay a vet for the same services.

Well I can tell you where NOT to go, and that is the low cost spay/neuter clinic in Glenwood that is run by the So. Sub. Humane Society. They neutered both of my dogs, one of whom barely lived to tell. They didn't properly stitch his arteries afterwards & he nearly bled to death. The end result was $2200 in emergency vet & after care costs, two months of dealing with the plastic cone thing & a laundry room that looked like a butcher shop when I got home from work to find my puppy near-death in a room full of blood. If I could figure out how to insert an image, I would. Since I can't, the $2200 vet bill will have to suffice in scaring anyone away from that place. Necrotic ball sack, anyone? Not a pretty sight!

Well I can tell you where NOT to go, and that is the low cost spay/neuter clinic in Glenwood that is run by the So. Sub. Humane Society. They neutered both of my dogs, one of whom barely lived to tell. They didn't properly stitch his arteries afterwards & he nearly bled to death. The end result was $2200 in emergency vet & after care costs, two months of dealing with the plastic cone thing & a laundry room that looked like a butcher shop when I got home from work to find my puppy near-death in a room full of blood. If I could figure out how to insert an image, I would. Since I can't, the $2200 vet bill will have to suffice in scaring anyone away from that place. Necrotic ball sack, anyone? Not a pretty sight!

OH MY! I am so sorry!!!!! Is there any legal recourse since they did not stitch your puppy correctly?

I had to throw in here if anyone is from Racine County and looking for low income spaying and neutering they offer a vets office in Burlington WI.

DO NOT ever go there, I don't know the name of the vet off hand but they really did me a wrong. They let Lucy (my cat) go way to soon, she could not even stand up and dehydrated fast. Called them to see what I could do...they told me their only job was to spay/neuter the rest, well....

Ended up at vets later in day and cost me $150 to rehydrate her and had to add a couple more stitches to her as well.

****s

See the last page of the newsletter for cheap neuter/spay in Chicago

Pitbulls are FREE as well as wild kitty cats

Attachments

• COPE Publication April 2012.pdf
    791.2 KB · Views: 27
Bump...Sigh...I have to find a place and get Mr. Brody fixed. The other night was the last straw for mistah.

PM/FB MrsPiggy. She'll be able to direct you to a place that's close to you.

Back