What's new

NBA Star Blake Griffin Air Balls Two Free Throws in a Row...Say Whaat?!

Oh my gosh! Two straight air balls again by Blake Griffin, just like his previous air ball free throw he had in San Antonio. Shaq is still better than Griffin, missed shots with no air balls.

This stuff happens to everyone. Griff was just unlucky enough to have it happen back to back.
That being said though, I expect all NBA players to at least have a chance on every free throw.

Dunking isnt everything, to be a great player you should be good at pretty much everything not only one thing in particular.So he should start working really hard.

Well it happens to the best some times. Its not a big deal he can dunk .

I agree, it isn't a big deal that he can dunk; the point of me mentioning that was not to make it a big deal though. Blake Griffin really needs to work on his free throws though. Often times, I have seen him be taken out at the last remaining seconds of the 4th quarter when the other team is about to foul the Clippers.

Oh the embarassment...he isn't going to be able to live that down for YEARS to come. But yeah like the others have said, everyone has their off moments at times.

I am not surprised, Blake is a future all around power forward. He scores when points are needed.

hahahhaha, well it happens, not that big of a deal - either way it seems that a lot of players these days are not focusing on free throws. Man they are simple and easy points that you should not loose. Back in high school, I remember that every time I would miss a free throw, my coach would make me do 5 push ups per miss. Imagine those monday free throw sessions that we had were just too painful

Well Blake has a serious weakness that defenders will exploit. Remember Hack a Shaq!

Thing is dunks are spectacular but they don't win you games, FT's will!

Well Blake has a serious weakness that defenders will exploit. Remember Hack a Shaq!

Thing is dunks are spectacular but they don't win you games, FT's will!

Yeah "hack a shaq" was the only thing anyone could do at the time against oneal. The difference is Blake can actually improve his free throws. Shaq couldn't because of the sheer size of his hands.

I so wanted the hawks to drain a 3 after that :)
Did you see the look after his second miss "Oh **** this is going to be bad news" LOL

I just feel thers been too much hype about Griffin.Personally i think he shouldnt have won the dunk contest,he is good but far from star level(and this proves it).

I just feel thers been too much hype about Griffin.Personally i think he shouldnt have won the dunk contest,he is good but far from star level(and this proves it).

Missing free throws is probably a once in a career thing for NBA players...hopefully. Just because Blake Griffin missed two free throws doesn't mean he's far from NBA stardom. He's a really good player when it comes to posting and power forward. There's a reason why he's also a contender to be in the USA Basketball Olympics team.

I can't help but think about the moving backboard in that one commercial Shaq was in years ago.Maybe Blake has nightmares about that same thing?

I can't help but think about the moving backboard in that one commercial Shaq was in years ago.Maybe Blake has nightmares about that same thing?

Care to post a video of what you are talking about? It sounds interesting and something that was give Blake Griffin nightmares is something I would be delighted to see:).

Care to post a video of what you are talking about? It sounds interesting and something that was give Blake Griffin nightmares is something I would be delighted to see:).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEqp3tN7muE"][Commercial] Shaquille O'Neal 2044 - YouTube[/ame]

It's at the end. Blake would probably be like Oh nooo!! :eek4:

Back