What's new

Need another gift idea for my mom

blonditz

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
She's one of those people who is impossible to shop for because she has everything. I thought I knew what else I was getting her, only to find out she already has it. She's on a pretty strict diet, so can't really do Fannie Mae or any other type of food. Help???

does she write to anyone? old friends? what about a stationary set with postage stamps?

I should probably add what I've gotten her so far. Me, dh, my kids, and my brother went and got professional pictures taken. I also got her some pj's.

Depending on how much you want to spend etc
There is a cute store in WHeaton called It's Our Earth
They have a lot of unusual gifts--that is where I usually find something different for my mother or mother in law
There are really cute spoon bracelets, necklaces and earrings--all are sold separately-that are made from spoons--you can pick the year she was born-or maybe the year she was married
For Mothers Day I bought her scrabble earrings-with her initials--she thought it was so cute and when she went out to eat with all her lady friends--they all complimented her on them-because it wasn't something you could buy at a retail store
They have neck tie purses, neck tie wallets--neck tie skirts
the record bowl I bought her last year she loves it--found a record that she use to love-they had it--it is melted into a bowl that you can use for popcorn, or for a catch all for misc. items
Xristina and Rich Rahn own the store and are very friendly to work with--I am sure they would do next day shipping--I know they also sell there stuff on etsy.
(They have so many different items, I am just listing a few things that my mother in law really liked--they also have wind chimes-made from old silver tea pots , with forks and spoons hanging from them-that was another huge hit!)

Another thing my Mother in Law likes is when I give her a gift card and she can go shopping after Christmas--she really likes Kohls and Penneys.

A lot of these sound like great ideas for my MIL, who is more the "traditional mom" to buy for, in her 60's and retired

I should probably add that my mom is in her 50's, still works full time, works with a personal trainer several days a week, and recently did a "century" (100 mile bike ride). She's not exactly the "typical" mom.

A lot of these sound like great ideas for my MIL, who is more the "traditional mom" to buy for, in her 60's and retired

I should probably add that my mom is in her 50's, still works full time, works with a personal trainer several days a week, and recently did a "century" (100 mile bike ride). She's not exactly the "typical" mom.

what about a gift card then to a sports outlet that has clothing shoes supplies etc?

Hallmark... Lots of candle/holders, mugs, frames, etc.

Also... Strict diet?... FM has sugar free... My mom is diabetic. This is a treat she gets every once in a while.

Hallmark... Lots of candle/holders, mugs, frames, etc.

Also... Strict diet?... FM has sugar free... My mom is diabetic. This is a treat she gets every once in a while.

Strict diet is more a weight loss thing. Her personal trainer makes her write down everything she eats and if he doesn't like what she ate then she has to run up and down the stairs until she wants to pass out.

Favorite grocery/drugstore GC...everyone needs to eat or buy HBA...Gas Card or CTA/Metra/Pace pass...pay a couple of months worth of the personal trainer if he/she doesn't have GCs

I am in that age group and don't really want anything more (other than family pictures) that needs to be dusted...

@#$%^&&*&*JG%$$## Database error!

Favorite grocery/drugstore GC...everyone needs to eat or buy HBA...Gas Card or CTA/Metra/Pace pass...pay a couple of months worth of the personal trainer if he/she doesn't have GCs

I am in that age group and don't really want anything more (other than family pictures) that needs to be dusted...

That part sounds just like my mom.

How about some workout or biking gear.....or a gift cert to a bike shop
take her shopping for new gym shoes and then maybe lunch.

I got the birdhouses covered in birdseed cause it's something that goes outside and is usable! They were at all the Hallmarks but now only Algonquin Commons has it!
Since she is on a habitual diet.....there is a new restaurant in Schaumburg and all the meals are under 300 calories(I think)....this might be a nice place for a gift card! Have had a few friends eat here and they say it's awesome!
I'll have to let you know the name later....unless some Schaumburg peeps can chime in!

how about a great picture frame or two and have her open that present first, then the pictures themselves?? unless she puts the new picture on top of the old picture like I do!!

Strict diet is more a weight loss thing. Her personal trainer makes her write down everything she eats and if he doesn't like what she ate then she has to run up and down the stairs until she wants to pass out.

How about a journal or two and a couple of nice pens?

I got the birdhouses covered in birdseed cause it's something that goes outside and is usable! They were at all the Hallmarks but now only Algonquin Commons has it!
Since she is on a habitual diet.....there is a new restaurant in Schaumburg and all the meals are under 300 calories(I think)....this might be a nice place for a gift card! Have had a few friends eat here and they say it's awesome!
I'll have to let you know the name later....unless some Schaumburg peeps can chime in!

I didn't know this! I'll have to look around for it!

Back