What's new

Need health insurance weird situation--help!

My DD was able to get FREE Women's insurance at our County Health.
It covered all women's issue's. PAP's BC pills. There also is a FREE clinic in our area called Good Samaritian that was FREE. It covered medical but would not cover accidents like broken bones etc. She was without insurance for 2 years. Now she works at the school and is covered. A parents worries big time! I know I did. Check to see if there is any FREE clinics in your area.

Health insurance covers sports injuries now. There is no activity exclusion on child health insurance any more.

Football was the only exclusion at the time. My mom claims that her insurance company actually paid our $30 portion of the Football insurance. :lol:

Kathy I told her to get a job at Target or Starbucks a long time ago--She mentioned to me yesterday about Trying to go to Target, I think Starbucks could work for her as she worked last holiday season at Gloria Jeans!

I know Target used to be that you had to work there 6 months before you were eligible-

Wendy's is faster 30 days? 60? I can't remember how soon DD19 was eligible but it was quick. I can ask her today.

Planned parenthood will treat uti's. Have her apply for the pink woman's card and it won't cost anything. Generic bactrim is free at a lot of pharmacies

What suburb does she live in? Burbank has a (relatively) free medical, dental, and mental health clinic. No $$$ to see a doctor or dentist but sliding scale for mental health. Inquire at city hall or township.

Really? OK I was misinformed then.

:foryou: Thanks, I will ask. Thank you VERY much.

Kathy I told her to get a job at Target or Starbucks a long time ago--She mentioned to me yesterday about Trying to go to Target, I think Starbucks could work for her as she worked last holiday season at Gloria Jeans!

I know Target used to be that you had to work there 6 months before you were eligible-

Owner is a mother f***er.

Sorry. Saw that and just had to say my $%&**$$(($#()*!
Proceed.

not insurance but I just learned Meijer has a free antibiotic list on their pharmacy page (saved my uninsured butt yesterday) Has the basics Penicillan, amoxicillian. You dont need to sign up or qualify. Didnt even pay tax. They also do free prenatal vitamins too. So if she can be seen that is one option for cheap meds. I have also had success contacting the manufacturer of my meds and sign up for their free meds program. Walgreens Perscription club has also been a blessing but they do not cover everything. As far as drs Loyola med clinic only charges $60 for a visit. That is what I am doing. Good luck hope that helps

DD18 is still covered by AllKids.

DD19 said there was no waiting period at Wendy's. They mailed her a packet about 2 weeks after she started. The top end insurance is about $70 a paycheck. She picked a lesser plan and is paying less than that. BTW the starting pay is $8.25 an hour.

well she has some $$$ trust is being finalized shortly--Mother took care of the children nicely

poor brother though--I think dad will spend all of his money before he turns 18..

If its in trust can he get his hands on it?

Back