What's new

need help writing short story!!!!!

sp0om

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
hello all. i know that this is completely unrelated to anything that has ever been posted on this board, but im really freakin desperate. I thought this stupid 7 page english paper was due on thurse, but its actually due tomorrow. !!!!!

so, i have to write a short story based on odyssey. i just need some ideas. the story needs to be loosly based on the odyssey, but i dont know how i can tell a similar story based in this time period. just need one thing from you guys:

what is a believable way my main character can get cast away from society? odyssey gets trapped on an island or something, and is away from his family. i just read the sparks. so, any of you have any ideas on how my main character will get separated from the rest of his family that is somewhat believable?

any ideas would be appreciated. even if you think they are stupid, just remember, i am really desperate

maybe trying to run from the law and changing his identity, or a man going off to war and suffering from brain damage from a shrapnel blast...or just take the movie cast away guy gets deserted on a island because of a plane crash and has no way of contacting anyone

sk8 said:
Oh, hte oddesy is whorable!!!!!
"..."

Have you read the Odyssey? That's usually the first step. But yeah, just take the Cast Away approach ;)

odyssey was a good book, read it last year

i did read it, i dont like it that much. The video is another story, the one lady on the island is HOT!!!

venessa williams? that !!!!! yelled at me when i was crossing in her backyard ;\

Lol...yeah the Odyssey was good...one of the greatest poem/epics ever written.

Lol. Sp00m, we're computer nerds ;) not english proffessors (/sighs). Not sure how much we can help you, lol

Eh, we're too late anyways...it was due four days ago...

Have you read the Odyssey? That's usually the first step. But yeah, just take the Cast Away approach

Thanks. i ended up taking this approach and my hippie english teacher said he liked it, so im thinking a b minus or so. thanks all :D

Back